Mental Support Community

A girl here--is that allowed?

flowers

I think most of the guys here don't want people to say they are fine or whatever, even if that person truly believes so.. Because that is the only thing that has occupied their minds for so long and with that the 'self-sorry' has become bigger and bigger! There is no more room for different ideas or suggestions, there is only room for negative thoughts.. Well, that is how I feel about it! But it's bullshit ofcourse to jump her for her opinion on the matter only because it doesn't comply with yours!

I will share my personal thoughts. I respect everyone's feelings.

I think that all of us have our own views and feelings about sex and what makes it meaningful. None of us can really apply our beliefs to another's beliefs, I don't think; life isn't that black and white.

As far as personal pain, I think what matters is how that individual feels. If someone expresses their pain this does not then need to minimize our own pain.

There can be paradoxically be comfort in what is familiar to us, even when it is painful. Allowing the possibility for other thoughts does not deny our pain and suffering; it's simply a different point of view. I think there is room for full acceptance of our own experiences and an open ear to others'.

Just my 2 cents...

I think women's breath is wasted on this matter in this section, men simply have to experience the truth of a good women then just what they say... and on that note to me this section is simply and ego war and that is simply my opinion.

If you are rude to someone first there defense is to be rude back, so my point is can't we all get along? We are all different in every shape, size and skin tone imaginable but we are all still human. Perhaps this was not the best place for flower to post but she still has a right to post you don't need to scare people off because of your own insecurities. I no longer come to this area either because a woman can't win a pissing contest. We at least try to understand though, couldn't you have the same decency?

Flowers hurts, you hurt. It's separate, right? Maybe there is a place to accept and support all without comparison?

Sometimes things aren't a simple fix either. I know for me with all of the female issues I have,this touched on something deeper emotionally about my femininity. So not so much the problem itself, but what it meant to me to have that kind of problem.

Flowers we are here if you decide to return.

I agree that many here were supportive of Flowers. Some posts have since been deleted, though, and not all responses were polite or supportive.

One thing I have learned is that if I have a strong response to another person's words, that response is always about me.

There is no way to know why another person might delete their posts or know what they might be feeling or what their motivations are. It wouldn't be fair to speculate, I don't think. No one is suggesting anyone should feel a certain way. My hope is that we can all be welcoming to new members and support one another.

Sexism and misogyny don't help at all, it is irrational and unfair, and will just lose any sympathy to the issue from women.

I think women will always have a hard time understanding male sexuality, feelings about ones penis etc. So we shouldn't take too much offence really, because they just don't understand, she was trying to help.

Comparing pain from different issues is futile in my opinion, I can't know what it is like to be a unusually hairy woman etc. Even two people with identical physical issues will probably experience it differently etc. But this is a common approach for a well meaning person who blunders into this part of the forum and could be dealt with nicely.

I know I have been a bit of a shit myself on here so I am not being too high and mighty about it honest.

Sexism and misogyny don't help at all, it is irrational and unfair, and will just lose any sympathy to the issue from women.

I think women will always have a hard time understanding male sexuality, feelings about ones penis etc. So we shouldn't take too much offence really, because they just don't understand, she was trying to help.

Comparing pain from different issues is futile in my opinion, I can't know what it is like to be a unusually hairy woman etc. Even two people with identical physical issues will probably experience it differently etc. But this is a common approach for a well meaning person who blunders into this part of the forum and could be dealt with nicely.

I know I have been a bit of a shit myself on here so I am not being too high and mighty about it honest.

Honestly, I don't think the ladies understand how gigantic a part sex and sexuality is in most mens overall being. A lot of our personal feelings of who we are and how valuable we are is tied up in how we view ourselves sexually.

Maybe it shouldn't be that way, but I think that's simply the way it is.

Maybe it would help you to express more about your anger toward women (as it pertains to you) and what that is about? We aren't going to block access to different forums based on gender. I don't think that solves anything. I think more understanding from everyone is what might be helpful, not less.

Edited by IrmaJean
adding to clarify

We're a support community and doing that wouldn't be in the spirit of the community. I'd like to believe we can help each other, work together, try our best to empathize and understand one another, offer one another support, kindness. I know this isn't always easy when there are such strong emotions and we all have our own struggles.

If part of the difficulty for you is with women, dvn, don't you think it would be most helpful to address that rather than to avoid it? You won't be able to avoid women in the outside world and even if you could, would you really want to? Maybe we can learn from one another and heal? I always hope so.

Because they are different to us they can see us objectively, this insight might be of interest. Some of us can be detached from the emotional pain caused by this specific self hate and revulsion, they don't even have to try.

Granted it's a fine line between that and sounding totally clueless and unsympathetic.

Please don't take offence dvn but women wouldn't be an issue if you didn't want to have sex with women, but you do so you are going to have to engage with them at some point?

I think looking for love is the way to go, if two people are in love they will find a way to make it work.

My bafflement w women is that they complain about guys but go for the kind of guys anyone would complain about. Maybe they enjoy complaining? Maybe giving them something to complain about is the way to go? Or maybe some guys are self assured enough that they don't get too worked up about her feeling? I truly don't know.

Jeep I would like to agree w you about true love but what I have seen and experienced makes me question it.

I certainly don't want to ban anyone.

Because they are different to us they can see us objectively, this insight might be of interest. Some of us can be detached from the emotional pain caused by this specific self hate and revulsion, they don't even have to try.

Granted it's a fine line between that and sounding totally clueless and unsympathetic.

Please don't take offence dvn but women wouldn't be an issue if you didn't want to have sex with women, but you do so you are going to have to engage with them at some point?

I think looking for love is the way to go, if two people are in love they will find a way to make it work.

I don't have to engage with them at all. That's my solution, I only plan on seeing hookers. That's the only time I plan on dealing with any woman.

My bafflement w women is that they complain about guys but go for the kind of guys anyone would complain about. Maybe they enjoy complaining? Maybe giving them something to complain about is the way to go? Or maybe some guys are self assured enough that they don't get too worked up about her feeling? I truly don't know.

Jeep I would like to agree w you about true love but what I have seen and experienced makes me question it.

I certainly don't want to ban anyone.

Women are incapable of loving men like me, and many here.

Women are incapable of loving men like me, and many here.

You're generalizing with this, dvn.

Sometimes old attachment patterns can repeat themselves in new relationships. Also, when people find themselves repeatedly attracted to partners who treat them poorly, it can be a reflection of how that person feels about themselves. Maybe some of that plays a role in your personal observations?

Edited by IrmaJean
wording