Mental Support Community

Help for my teenage Son

RG01

Hello, RG,

I know I haven't posted here before so it's kind of strange to comment all of a sudden, but... I just would like to share something: I've been continuously reading about your experiences and ... today (as I was reading your post from yesterday) a thought brought some tears in my eyes: "I'd like to be your child." :o

(I think/hope I don't have to say more - to explain how I perceive you and your family...)

Good luck!

P.S.: Nevertheless, I should add something: I don't have a "bad" family at all and I actually really wouldn't like to change it for another! But even so, that idea occurred to me when I was reading...

Hello, RG,

I know I haven't posted here before so it's kind of strange to comment all of a sudden, but... I just would like to share something: I've been continuously reading about your experiences and ... today (as I was reading your post from yesterday) a thought brought some tears in my eyes: "I'd like to be your child." :o

(I think/hope I don't have to say more - to explain how I perceive you and your family...)

Good luck!

P.S.: Nevertheless, I should add something: I don't have a "bad" family at all and I actually really wouldn't like to change it for another! But even so, that idea occurred to me when I was reading...

Hi LaLa

I think I get what you are trying to say in a complementary way. Thank you. Today was pretty much ok. Nothing much has changed or happened here. although I believe my Brother is home from Australia for 3 weeks with his wife and 3 children aged 10, 7 and 3. I have told him about Ryan and that if he wants my wife and myself could meet him at hotel nearer where he is. However I wasn't allowing for the fact that his children want to see and play with their cousins. They moved there 2 years ago almost and we always keep in contact via skype. Although my Brother and his wife are ok with Ryan being as he is. I don't know how his Children will react. That would be only concern I would have It's also just as well I had extensions and rooms added on. There is a lot of clearing up to be done we were using a couple of these empty rooms for storage and spare duvets and stuff. I was informed about 3 months ago my brother was to be home this year on holiday but completely slipped my mind with all that has happened here. My Brother is great with children and babies always had that knack of making them laugh. I didn't on the other hand. If I smiled at a baby that doesn't know me they cry or hide at their parents. I don't know how long he wants to stay but he is welcome to for as long as he wants too. My wife always got on with him and his wife too. So she too is looking forward to seeing her nephews. I suppose I will have to bite the bullet and go ahead as already planned. Will let you know how that goes. They arrive at midday tomorrow approx. In the meantime take care and bye for now.

RG01

Wow, RG01, your brother also sounds like a caring person. Are your parents still alive?

Wishing you well today. I hope all are able to adjust ok to how things are. Maybe this will be a helpful challenge for Ryan?

Oh, what I meant by "fall" is that is the season here when kids go back to school or older kids leave home for college. I'm glad your 18 y/o is enjoying his apprenticeship-- that sounds like it will lead to a great job.

Thanks again findingmyway

Yes both my parents are still alive and well living in Scotland we are all the same throughout my own family I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. The brother that's coming I was always closest to. I suppose because he is only a year older than myself. All my siblings know about Ryan. All more or less same attitude as me but they did say they're glad it's not them in this situation but would help whatever way they can. Thanks again and take care.

RG01

Hi all.

My Brother his wife and kids did turn up got with us sometime about 3ish. My Brother is doing well. Ryan was having a nap when my brother arrived. My wife was delighted to see them and the children went straight outside to play in the garden. My Brother asked about Ryan I told him where he was and that he'll be getting up soon when he wakes up. They have told their boys about Ryan and that he was getting help for it. So for the meantime he's just like a baby. Then about 30 mins later Ryan woke up so hungry.I told Ryan that his uncle and aunt were here with the boys and that if he wanted to be big again to save embarrassment that was ok. He didn't say anything he got up and sucked on his soother. So about 15 mins later. He was still sucking soother and I took him out to dining room and put him in his highchair and my brother offered to give a hand he put Ryan's bib on and sat next to Ryan at the table. My wife came in with some raisins for the baby and put them on highchair tray. My brother took it all in his stride as far as he was concerned Ryan was just a baby being fed raisins. Our dinner was almost ready. We have it a little earlier today on account that my brother drove 4 hours to our place and they never stopped for lunch. So We called in the rest of the family from their football games outside. even 3 year old and 5 year old were joining in with this although they were being helped to win by 18 year old he scored the goals and gave them the points. My wife had the baby food ready first and she put the bowl on the highchair and my brother offered to feed Ryan. All the rest came in and sat down then The 10 and 7 year old noticed Ryan and they laughed and laughed and called Ryan a cutie baby. We didn't make a fuss he had this coming to him. The 3 year old was quietly chomping on his food sitting on cushions so he could reach the table. Not even remarking I suppose he's a little too young to say anything. The rest of us carried on eating. The food soon made them forget about Ryan temporarily. After dinner the 10 year old and 7 year old cleared the table and wiped it down. They washed up too. Nobody told them to do this they apparently do this at home and continued here. Then they went back to Ryan who was still in highchair next to their father and cleaned his highchair tray and his hands and got some baby wipes for his face. My brother took Ryan out of the highchair and sat him on the floor beside him and started talking to him. The same way you would a baby. He then removed Ryan's bib and started making faces at Ryan. Then his 2 cousins were given a treat by us for being such great help.We gave them some dark chocolate ice cream and some sprinkles on it. They were happy they were going to offer some to the Ryan and 3 year old but we said no it's too rich for them that is ice cream for big people The baby and 3 year old can have Petits Filous in a moment when we're done. After that they were satisfied and continued outside to play some more. Very well mannered children my brother had. He said the same about ours too. He said that Manners go along way in life and costs nothing. The only other time the 2 cousins were about then was Ryan was being changed my brother and his wife volunteered to do Ryan's and look after 3 year old and made both me and my wife take a little time out. The weather outside turned rotten with pelting rain that seemed to come from nowhere last time I looked sky was blue with no clouds. So they all came back in. We told them the fun room has all the toys and stuff in there to keep them out of mischief. They walked in while my Brother was doing the changing and playing with Ryan. They joined in on a little bit of the fun side blowing raspberries on Ryan's legs and belly and tickling his feet making him laugh. After a while everyone settled down and we all watched a bit of TV and then Ryan and the 5 year old and the 3 year old were put to bed myself and wife did ours and My brothers wife put their 3 year old to bed, Basically that's it all have gone to bed now except my wife and myself and we will be shortly. I hope I haven't bored you all too much I didn't put down everything it would have been a lot worse but suffice to say It's lovely having my brother here for a time just to feel connected with other people if that makes sense. Myself and Brother are going out together for a couple of pints just the 2 of us to catch up on his life now and all he is doing in Australia. It'll be over 2 years since we done this. The last time was when he told me he was emigrating to Australia and wanted me to be the first to know. Again because we are that close I love the rest of my siblings dearly and would do anything for them but my older brother is my closest. Anyway I will sign of now and go to my bed and wish you all the very best take care.

RG01

Hi Findingmyway.

We have had another therapy session on the 31/7 I see I forgot to mention in all the excitement of my brother coming. We went there and he's making slow progress it seems. Ryan did speak a little to him even if it was to answer yes or no to questions that therapist put to him. The therapist didn't get any information as such the questions were related to home life. (eg: Q. Are you happy? A. Yes. Q is being a baby what you expected? A. Yes Q. what were you expecting as a matter of interest? A. happy Q. do you feel your family are doing all they can to help you? A. Yes.) That was just a couple of questions the therapist asked Ryan. There were more but results were inconclusive as Ryan would only answer questions that were shall we say simple answers yes/no/happy. His next appointment is next thurs 7th so we will see what happens there. Ryan has his own questionnaire to fill in this time so whatever the therapist can make of this. Also findingmyway yes Ryan will speak directly to me if I ask a direct question or if I am suggesting anything but otherwise refers to me and my wife as moma and dada. So in part yes he does speak although with my brother I don't think he said much at all.

.Just to add we all stayed indoors today at breakfast my brother was on hand again with Ryan and his own 3 year old he fed the 2 of them while we we finished our breakfast. Then he washed and cleaned them both then dressed Ryan put a clean nappy on him with his sailor suit thing.then he put them into playpen together for a while while we got dressed and washed ourselves. The weather kept us inside so we played games and My Wife and Sister in law done some arty stuff with 3 year old and 5 year old. The 7 and 10 year olds had the pleasure of my company with my brother in the afternoon along with oldest and 14 year old we played mainly board games but there was other games such as can you Eye spy and guess what object or thing we were talking about with a word as a clue to start so for an apple it was green. You follow with can you wear this can you eat it and so on it quite funny in some instances. Ryan was playing with 3 year old for a bit this morning (after the 3 year old would finally speak to him that was. Was very shy around Ryan and oldest and me for a while) until my brother told Ryan not to keep hoarding all the toys to himself. They weren't all his anyway some were 3 year olds own toys too. I have been keeping a record for the therapist so hopefully it should be something he can work with. This lunchtime we fed the 3 year old and Ryan well 3 year old feeds himself albeit a bit fussy but with a little coaxing he finished his lunch. My Brother and his Wife we sent them off to go and have a little free time to themselves we would stay here and take care of things. So they went off into town shopping and reminiscing of the places they used to go as teens. They had a great time. The 7 and 10 year old were very helpful throughout the day offering to help where they can. All in all pretty good day I think that's about it really.

Thanks again findingmyway

Take care all and will keep you posted

RG01

Hi All.

been off air for a few days something went wrong with my internet and or computer it seems to be working now. Not really much to report here My Brother his Wife and family still here till next weekend then they leaving for Scotland to visit my parents. Yesterday we had a games day that was all the favourites. For the slightly older ones Charades.Older and younger ones together Chinese whispers card games Snap, Ryan was left out of these along with 3 year old for the most part. As they would be considered too young to understand these games. The 3 year old was able to play snap ok and had help with Chinese whispers but it was funny to see the looks on the other faces when they thought they heard something that made no sense at all. After that we had our lunch my Brother took care of the 3 year old and 5 year old and our eldest took care of Ryan while we all sat down. We finished and made sure that my Brothers children stayed sitting. They wanted to clear up again. It's embarrassing so I said we'd do it this time. We all finished our lunch and my brother took Ryan and game him his bottle and then took for a little while to the trees and the bottom of the Garden he sat him there and talked to him while feeding him away from all the rest. He thought he might get Ryan to open up after a while. He played with Ryan down there and talked to him about the leaves and the noise they made with the wind and listening to all the different birdsong. Basically as you do for a baby and he thought that this might make him bored I suppose if that's the right phrase. Ryan knows all of this but my Brother thought it maybe worth a shot to see with all the love and attention and being talked to this way may get him to at least say what he was feeling. I commend my Brother for trying even if it was a waste of time. Anyway A little while later my Brother came back with Ryan and said that Ryan needs a changing and he took Ryan and did his changing and bought him back to all of us again. We played pass the ball to Ryan and Also we sand songs to him the heads shoulders knees and toes and others like it. Just to make him feel we weren't leaving him out of the fun. It's basically to make him see what he's missing out on as a big person. I think myself he is beginning to realise. It could be wishful thinking but I think he is. Anyway that I think is maybe all that say tonight. He has a therapist appointment for this Thurs so we will see what becomes of that. I don't think I left anything out but if I did it wasn't much. I will sign off now and wish you the very best. Take Care

RG01

Your brother for sure gets credit for trying. Down the road I'll bet Ryan will remember your brother's kindness.

There isn't any phase in life that just stays statically the same. Babies have all kinds of things they are working on to get to the next developmental stage. I'm wondering what your therapist recommends here... would potty training be an important step at some point, since diapers were a major part of his wish?

My other question is, doesn't Ryan have to go back to school and be with peers and be a 16 y/o soon? Here our students go back in September.

The other thing I was wondering is, if this all started from some kind of upset, would sharing with Ryan maybe a personal story about growing up and the difficulties of it might help him not feel so alone and avoidant of the whole thing? You've been doing a heartfelt job of showing him the fun you can have as an older person, which is very beautiful. His issue might be about the pain that comes with growing up. We know from coming here that support in the midst of our deepest fears and worst pain can really help. I'm not trying to say that having fun is a bad idea, I'm just thinking that both might be needed.

I'm sure your therapist has ideas about the next steps! I wish you well this week, RG01.

Hi Fingmyway

Thanks again for your thoughtful reply. I will put those questions to the therapist tomorrow when I'm there as for school you're correct about September and while He has a transition year coming up basically a year to get work experience but he's at legal school leaving age and has no intention of going back to school. We are hoping that during the course of his treatment he might begin to realise what's important to him and Act accordingly. I am not saying he will but we hope this to be the case. The therapist said that sometimes when loved ones realise their place in this world they often grab it with both hands. But a little encouragement along the way never goes astray. I know school term will already be underway by the time that Ryan is nearing the possible end of his treatment. The therapist has said that if needed we can issue a sick cert to school not detailing the problem but just to say along the lines he's under the treatment of DR.... for private reasons and that he shall return to school in due course. It will do the trick if need be but in the meantime we will see how things are looking nearer the start of term. Thanks again greatly appreciated.

RG01

Hi all.

Meeting at therapist was a little bit better today, Ryan did interact slightly with the therapist today. The therapist asked him to List the things he loves and cares about. His parents and brothers were answer 1 he loves being a baby and all that goes with it. there were others there even right down to the colour blue. He was also asked to draw the first thing that came to mind when a word was said so for sky Ryan drew the sun and the clouds and an aeroplane with vapour trails .Then for night he drew the moon and stars and bats. Then he said school Ryan drew a room with a board a teacher and pupils. the board had miniature equations on it. The next was baby Ryan drew a nursery not his own he drew a totally different one. This one was a proper baby cot with changing table and all the nappies in shelving below as well as clothing and bibs. The therapist said that Ryan tends to over complicate things while the drawings were good most people when sky is said would draw sun or perhaps a few clouds. The classroom was the one that surprised me every detail he fit onto it. The therapist said that he doesn't feel it's a school thing that Ryan is trying to escape. The therapist was very impressed with the fact that Ryan was interacting a bit. I asked the therapist the question from (Findingmyway) about potty training. He said he felt that probably wouldn't feature in Ryan's mind as this would be the end of him being a baby and then into child and he said that Ryan has not interest in being a child as such. It would be next step to being a teen again. I think I can see his point also asked about trying to show him that pain in emotional terms was ok. The therapist said Ryan would already know about pain although he can't express the way we would all take for granted in Ryan's case his emotional crutch is being a baby and needs to be supplemented for something that will act as a replacement. The problem is finding that something that Ryan will exchange being a baby for. That was about it but perhaps Ryan maybe now beginning to accept the therapist. Our hopes have raised. We are also warned that there will be a lot of ups and downs ahead we are still a long way from the end. We arrived back home after and told my Brother all the details He leaves this weekend and Ryan seems to get on well with him too. Tonight at bed time my Brother gave Ryan his bottles and put him to bed he had bought Ryan a night Light with stars projected onto the ceiling and it plays Brahms lullaby at same time. After that my Brother and myself had a talk he assures me that Ryan will return to his former self ok slightly changed but still the same boy we raised for 16 years and not to give up on him just keep showing all the love and affection we are and it will work out. He said that when this is over or before if we want we can all go and stay for a few weeks at their pleasure in Australia. Just to break the monotony of being stuck here same thing day in and out. That is about it for now I will go now and wish you all the very best. Thanks and take care

RG01

Those drawings sound interesting, RG. And how wonderful to have the strong support of your brother's family!

I wonder if Ryan would keep drawing or journaling if given a special time during the day. Self expression can really be valuable while working things out. It is a non-baby activity that maybe he would go for? If not, babies can finger paint...

As you see, my mind keeps churning ideas. I probably need to let your therapist do the suggesting! :P

Wishing you well, RG01. :)

Those drawings sound interesting, RG. And how wonderful to have the strong support of your brother's family!

I wonder if Ryan would keep drawing or journaling if given a special time during the day. Self expression can really be valuable while working things out. It is a non-baby activity that maybe he would go for? If not, babies can finger paint...

As you see, I my mind keeps churning ideas. I probably need to let your therapist do the suggesting! :P

Wishing you well, RG01. :)

Hi once again to findingmyway thank you it does seem positive outlook as far as the therapist is concerned. I am delighted that at least some of our hard work is beginning to show dividends. I liked the Idea of painting although he did exactly that this afternoon but finger paints only. Oh well was worth a try unfortunately I didn't get same results the therapist got. Although we had fun doing it. He was covered in the stuff. All I can say good job it's washable. I don't think I'll volunteer him for the next Picasso just yet.. :D. I got plenty of cuddles and just me and him time this afternoon. I think he enjoyed that too. My brother is leaving Sunday lunchtime it's been great having him and his family here. He is out at the moment late night shopping with my 14 and 5 year old and his own children his wife is here and so is our eldest and my wife along with baby of course. Although he's in bed.My brother was feeding baby this morning he got him dressed and took him out to garden and put him in the sand pit. I forgot all about that thing. I had it covered under tarpaulin I think they had a great time building sandcastles and then smashing them. The 3 and 5 year olds joined in too. I think our children will all miss him when he goes on Sunday. My Brother gave baby and 3 year old some baby yoghurt after sand play and then payed ball with them. All in all quite a good mornings time with our children and quality uncle time as well. The oldest made dinner for us all tonight and he had done quite spread and garlic mushrooms and potatoes with a beef roast and veg. He loves cooking. The baby had some pureed/blended in food processor and My brother cut up the pieces for 3 year old and some of the 5 year olds dinner too.The 10 year old cousin fed a couple of spoons to baby and so did 7 year old my Brothers wife fed their 3 year old and my own wife finished feeding our baby and we all finished not a scrap left. Jelly and Ice cream for desert. I don't think there is anything to add at present so I may check back later. All the best and take care RG01

There was a time during my therapy when I was struggling with an awareness of my inner child. In my case she was not welcome because everything was so serious and about surviving to the next moment. I had the vague painful feeling of missing out on the childlike energy and enjoyment of things, but I was sure I could not afford to stop being so focused on the tough thing I had to do next.

The other truth was the difficult feelings I associated with the situation my younger self was in. How could I possibly afford to handle those and keep it together to function as an adult? A person can get to the point where they conclude that the young immature self is The Problem, and must be avoided at all costs. Being weak and dependent and so limited is not anything to encourage. Especially if a person suffered bullying or trauma and has to deal with the memory of that humiliation. They can think, who needs this? Let's get as far away from it as possible.

It was a long process, but in therapy I was able to change my thinking about my young self. There is great strength in vulnerability. From that place you can receive love and joy and transformative experiences with the world. Little kids do it all the time. Adults can learn from them.

Maybe your Ryan somehow knows the value of his inner child upfront. Your family is sure doing a good job of honoring him for where he is at. Maybe for Ryan things are reversed and he gets to discover his inner adult when he is in therapy. There's no reason that can't be a positive experience, given the right timing.

Hi all. Just a short update my Brother and his family left for Scotland yesterday. We all were sad to see them go. I am delighted they had such a good time while they were here and left happy. We are back to normal today. Well as normal as my house gets. My Brother said again that should we want to visit Oz we were all more than welcome. Ryan loved seeing his cousins again. Also my Brother on his shopping expedition bought presents for us all we found today deliberate hiding I believe. My Wife and Myself got A cheque for a fairly large sum "to spend unwisely" written on envelope. The 18 year old got a new games console and watch also 14 year old got a iPad and watch 16 year old got presents as baby he got some educational baby toys from vtech and fisher price and as 16 year old a leather jacket and watch something he always wanted. Then the 5 year old got a new bicycle complete with stabilisers and head gear etc and a childrens watch all of these hidden garage with a note left on the bed of my Brothers room. He had it worked out. It was a heartfelt show of gratitude from my Brother. He was always like that but now he has money he's not afraid to share it with us whenever he gets the opportunity. I am not anyway short of funds myself but he likes to share his with all. Other than that all pretty much the same. I will go now take care all.

Goodbye for now

RG01

It's great you and your family were able to spend time with your brother and his family.

I'm wondering, did Ryan seem interested in the presents he received for a 16 year old?

How are things for you, RG01?

Take care.

Hi IrmaJean

Thanks for the reply all ok here anyway. It was good to have that bit of help from my brother and we will make a point of going to Oz and see him soon. Holiday is what we need to recharge the batteries. Ryan loved the 16 year presents and is fully aware that these will be his when he decides to become himself again. He enjoyed the baby toys too though . We spoke to my brother earlier on skype he arrived in Scotland safe and well as are the rest of his family and all of us thanked him for the presents. He said it was just a thank you for putting up with him and family. Other than that everything ok My Parents know about Ryan I was surprised that they were very calm about it. I thought they may something to him but no they were just normal on skype with him. My Dad especially would be a bit more old school I would have said perhaps he's mellowed in his old age. They always taught us that we could say anything to them but I suppose I had never had to put it to the test really. I'd never crossed my parents neither had any of the siblings as far as I recall. They spoke to me on phone after skype call and offered any help if we wanted as they have time and a empty house if we wanted to visit. Or even only a couple of us if we wanted. They are very supportive of my attempts to help Ryan and said that they were on my side and that whatever life throws our way grab it deal with it. Not to throw away a solid bond that we have built with our family over the years. They will spend a couple of weeks with us possibly October. Wait and see I suppose. That's about it from me tonight.Take care.

RG01

Hi all.

I haven't updated for a while. All much the same here we went to the therapist last Thursday and He tried encouraging Ryan's artistic side again. Although Ryan did do the same thing as far as detail on the pics nothing stood out..There wasn't much of a difference this week to be honest. The therapist said we will have occasions like that where it appears that nothing is happening. He said on the surface nothing is happening but within Ryan it is. The therapist did advise me that while we see no change evident he as an outsider looking in can.Ryan will be getting a home visit next week from Therapist this will be unannounced. Only to my wife and myself. We have told Ryan ourselves again that whatever he has troubling him that he can say to either of us and we love him to the end no matter what he's going through. We try to do that from time to time to encourage him to open up if he will. The eldest boy has booked a complete night out at the weekend for us. A nice posh meal and the theater to finish. He said he will babysit and he can spend a night in with the brothers and help out. Himself and the 14 year old plan to watch some movies. I know my wife needs a couple of new things so maybe head out earlier on Sat to take her clothes shopping. The one thing I hate but in light of all we have gone through a bit of retail therapy wouldn't go a miss. She's not showing signs of being unhappy it's just that with all that's gone on I really haven't treated her and I am aware of it. So everything planned. Thanks again all the best

RG01

Hi all. We went to the Therapist again today. Ryan is still much the same by all outward appearances. The Therapist is convinced that this unmovable force is being moved slowly. Today Ryan was given some questions to answer truthfully so he was asked is he happy and he said yes. Is there anything that's causing concern for him or towards him? He answered no. He was then asked about the possibility of returning to his adult self ? Ryan's answer was maybe but not yet no, I will someday but I don't want to be pressured into giving up. The therapist then asked what makes him think he's pressured is he indeed under pressure? Ryan said no but if you keep on then i'll feel pressured. So the therapist changed tactics slightly and asked Ryan what he loved most about being a baby? What does he get from it? Ryan answered that as a baby he felt different and somehow cuddly and he loves that feeling. He said that he gets an certain unique feeling of being dependent and to him it's the innocence of a baby that he really likes. The Therapist asked him then the big question is there any sexual attraction in this? Does it arouse him or is it simply just a need that is required? Ryan said definitely no arousal and never had any turn on from it at all.This statement I would agree with on the basis that when he has nappy change or bathing feeding or cuddling I think we may have noticed. So the Therapist is going to arrange home visit in coming week and see family as we are in our own environment. He said he was absolutely delighted with Ryan's responses to questions not so much the answers but the KEY! is that he answered them. That the trust in the therapist is at a level where Ryan will speak to him. In the meantime we are to carry on and stay as we are and encourage Ryan to open up. Keep talking to him and even if we feel like we are getting nowhere keep at it. He said that the best times were probably during bottle feeding and cuddling. That feeling of closeness will help also during bathing and nappy changes. We are also to remember that during these times. To play a little too not to make it questions followed by more questions and the Therapist is sure this will help Ryan discuss his feelings more when he feels close. Fun time is as important as the serious time and try and balance it if we can. We are to start of with lots of fun time tickling and blowing raspberries on his belly, all the things done with a real baby and over next while add questions into his fun time just keep at it. Feeding in highchair can stay off limits for questions for the present. I think that covers most of today and Best wishes to all .

All the best

RG01

It's clear you and your family have unconditional love and a very strong bond.

Even when you love a member of your family, no matter what they are going through, it can also be stressful. Are you and your wife getting the support you need? Are you able to be open and honest with your brother and family about any stress you feel, if or when you do? It seemed as though you could be, from what you've shared. I just want to say, if you ever need to vent, we are here to listen and stand with you through this journey.

I have great respect and admiration for how you and your family have accepted and are adjusting to these major changes in your life.

May the wind always be at your back.

Thank you Ken Ian

It is great to know that there is always someone to listen and support us in our at times difficulty. It means a lot. Yes therapist when we take our son is always keen to speak to us either before or after the meeting with Ryan. That is one of the reasons he's doing a home visit to see family life at home 1st hand. Also yes my brother is aware of all the stress we are going through that is why he offered a trip to his home in Australia. I am from a close family and have their support should I need it. My older Brother is the one I have always been closest too. Although I am close with my other siblings as well and my parents. I hope that helps Thank you again and best wishes

RG01