Mental Support Community

Inspirational stuff

frank123

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?"

---Shantideva

I don't see how this applies to wanting a big penis and not being able to have sex because of it...sex is not a rational reaction, its a need placed on you by something that you cannot control...if you cant have sex now or in the future then you will worry and its not something you can just brush off like it was fucking yesterdays newspaper...

For you formed my inward parts;

you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Wonderful are your works;

my soul knows it very well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you,

when I was being made in secret,

intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;

in your book were written, every one of them,

the days that were formed for me,

when as yet there was none of them.

Thanks jeep.

And it has plenty to do with it Wasted Life. No need to explain our predicament to me as I'm hung like a 10 year old and used to worry myself to death over it---but then i realized for myself that i while I can't control the situation I can control my response to it. Worrying about something that can be remedied is stupid because one can take steps to correct it, and worrying about something that can't be fixed is pointless because there's no solution but acceptance.

As for me, all I had to do was give up my ideas of how I thought things should be and start dealing with how things are in the most healthy way possible. One can either wallow in self pity or make the best out of a very bad situation.

For you formed my inward parts;

you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Wonderful are your works;

my soul knows it very well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you,

when I was being made in secret,

intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;

in your book were written, every one of them,

the days that were formed for me,

when as yet there was none of them.

Tell me how is it inspirational? It's a psalm written for a bunch of Jews, who according to the same book you, and I are inferior. It's not until Pauline theology changes this.

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?"

---Shantideva

Easy to say that when you have all your needs taken care of, and don't have to work. Response to the religious figure, not frank

As for me, all I had to do was give up my ideas of how I thought things should be and start dealing with how things are

Well yeah giving up on that you want and settling for what you can get is a solution ill give you that, but as i mentioned many times before I know exactly what I want and ill never be happy settling for less. I'm happy for you though.

Tell me how is it inspirational? It's a psalm written for a bunch of Jews, who according to the same book you, and I are inferior. It's not until Pauline theology changes this.

I find it inspirational because it talks reassuringly of a god who knows us intimately and who has a plan for our lives.

As for the theology stuff, greater minds than mine have tied themselves in knots over it so I am not going to argue with you about it, all I know for sure is the positive impact that it has had on my life.

I find it inspirational because it talks reassuringly of a god who knows us intimately and who has a plan for our lives.

As for the theology stuff, greater minds than mine have tied themselves in knots over it so I am not going to argue with you about it, all I know for sure is the positive impact that it has had on my life.

That doesn't make any sense to me. I could say that believing I won the lottery would make me feel better, but it won't last for long.

I find it reassuring because it talks to me (in the context of my beliefs) of a god who knows me intimately and still loves and accepts me despite my various flaws. Edit: Oh yeah and has a plan for our lives.

I can't really explain it any more clearly.

I find it reassuring because it talks to me (in the context of my beliefs) of a god who knows me intimately and still loves and accepts me despite my various flaws. Edit: Oh yeah and has a plan for our lives.

I can't really explain it any more clearly.

I understand. I just don't how a person can actually buy into it. It's just wishful thinking. There's no proof of Christianity no matter how good it makes one feel.

And it has plenty to do with it Wasted Life. No need to explain our predicament to me as I'm hung like a 10 year old and used to worry myself to death over it---but then i realized for myself that i while I can't control the situation I can control my response to it. Worrying about something that can be remedied is stupid because one can take steps to correct it, and worrying about something that can't be fixed is pointless because there's no solution but acceptance.

As for me, all I had to do was give up my ideas of how I thought things should be and start dealing with how things are in the most healthy way possible. One can either wallow in self pity or make the best out of a very bad situation.

So you just give up? Doesn't sound much better

Actually yes, I've had to give up wanting what is impossible and play the hand I've been dealt, get in where I fit in. I prefer the term " acceptance"--I accept my situation and am making the best of it, beats the alternatives.

Sounds crappy, and sad though

Will being depressed, obcessing over internet articles/videos/stats that reinforce our insecurity, and wallowing in self pity somehow transform our lives for the better?

You cant transform your life for the better when you got below average penis. You can try compensating for it by excelling in other avenues life has to offer but at the end of the day when you have to look in the mirror naked and you see a pathetic little worm its all useless.

You cant transform your life for the better when you got below average penis. You can try compensating for it by excelling in other avenues life has to offer but at the end of the day when you have to look in the mirror naked and you see a pathetic little worm its all useless.

Exactly. We're fucked. I think any kind of trying to get better, positive attitude, religious is just futile. Everyone here pathetic, bottom of the barrel, and worthless. You (frank, and jeep) are deluding yourselves, and not seeing what you are.

I'd have to disagree,transformation is totally possible, its all a matter of what your definition of " for the better" is.