Mental Support Community

"Nollaig shona dhíobh Anseo go léir".

John Rutledge

JR,

That's a beautiful sentiment offered in a beautiful language.

My wife and I were able to visit Ireland a couple years ago - mostly in the south and west - and we fell in love with the countryside there. You live in a great country.

We lit our menorah for Hanukkah last night. It's one of the things I look forward to each year. It looks good next to our Christmas tree (grin!)

My neighborhood is awash in blinking lights and inflatable santas. Usually that gets on my nerves, but I'm quite liking it this year. Go figure. I reserve the right to be a curmudgeon again next year.

Happy holidays to all.

Mark

Edited by Mark

We lit our menorah for Hanukkah last night. It's one of the things I look forward to each year. It looks good next to our Christmas tree (grin!)

Mark don't think I'm being rude but what do you mean when you say that you lit your menorah for Hanukkah? I've never heard of it?

My neighborhood is awash in blinking lights and inflatable santas. Usually that gets on my nerves, but I'm quite liking it this year. Go figure. I reserve the right to be a curmudgeon again next year.

I know what you mean! Where I live, they have snowmen with santa's & reindeer's flashing on their roofs as well as santa climbing down ladders on the side of a house (all flashing lights) you name it, it's like Blackpool Illumination's! The Electric company must be making a fortune!

Also, what is a curmudgeon? Never heard of that either?

I reserve the right to be a curmudgeon again next year.
A curmudgeon is someone who likes to say "bah humbug" a lot.

Mark

Well Mark, I can just imagine you sat there in a couple of years time saying "bah humbug". I bet Ebeneezer Scrooge is related to you in some way or another?

Come off it Mark! Are you really a miserable old get? Don't know how to take you some times myself, honest! I've never really seen you be compassionate about any of the post on here? Are you like that at home? Have you got any children, only I haven't heard you ever mention children in your life? Heard you mention your wife, but no children?

I know this forum is not about you and your family, and you may want to keep your family issues your business but I'm intrigued! I can't believe your like Ebeneezer Scrooge? I bet your one of these that no sooner Christmas has arrived and you can't wait till it's all over? Hey, you wouldn't go down well in the UK then. Us British celebrate Christmas big time! Especially the New Year! You don't know what your missing? That's probably what you need to let your hair down a little, what bit you have! Ha, only joking! No seriously, enjoy yourself a little, you only live once!