Mental Support Community

Help??

xxsmartyy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest ASchwartz

Hi XXSmartyy,

One of the things that strikes me or stands out about your responses to each member, is that you seem so sure of yourself. Some examples?

Well, you report that your twin is not an identical twin and therefore is not a twin at all. Not correct. You two are fraternal twins and, like all twins, identical and fraternal, you impacted on each other in ways you, right now, have no clue about.

Another example is how you dismiss psychotherapy by stating that you do not want to put yourself in the position again. Not correct. Why? Because, everday and in every way, you feel in that position. Examples are what you are referring to as your paranoia. From the little of I know of you, I suspect that you are not paranoid but quick to believe that people do not like you. That is what you must of felt when your father forgot about you: not wanted, not liked.

I strongly urge you to seek psychotherapy so that you can overcome these issues. The therapy can be Cognitive Behavioral or Psychodynamic, with a good therapist who focused on the "here and now," and on the developing relationship between you and the therapist.

I am always aware of not wanting to be misinterpreted as critical when I write these postings and, so, I want you to know that is not my intent. I firmly believe that therapy can really help you. What you are up against is not paranoia but you anxiety, your fears that you will be judged and not liked.

What do you and the others think about this??

Allan ;)