Mental Support Community

The Karen Owen Story and the Meaning of Sex

Guest Klingsor

Guest Klingsor

So for anyone who hasn't read this brilliantly written and heavily footnoted "thesis", here is a link to the presentation in full:

http://jezebel.com/5...s-viral-gallery

This is particularly relevant to me because I saw this mentality and experienced this attitude toward sex first hand from young girls in their sexual prime for 5 years at my own college. This is absolutely normal for any college campus in America, and the more prestigious the worse it is. To this day it sickens me because it's almost as if the experiences she outlines in this powerpoint are an inversion of the solitude, "otherness", and complete lack of sexual validation that I experienced during my nominally sexually active years.

Pay particular attention to one slide where it talks about one of the Lacrosse team's dorms or something being exclusive and only admitting guys of a certain penis size. And in the very first slide subject #1 puts down one of his teammates for not being very well endowed.

Since this little presentation seems to capture everything that we discuss on this forum from the most base to the most philosophical, I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this angel and her attitude toward sex, relationships, hook-ups, and the "alpha male Lacrosse team" subculture and masculinity.

I can already predict at least three dismissive assertions:

1) She's just one, individual shameless slut. Maybe, but she represents the modern, educated female's approach to sex and relationships. And it's no longer called slutty, but "liberated".

2) These are just drunken college kids. Maybe, but they were admitted to Duke which means they are at the minimum upper-middle class kids - doctor, lawyer, politician, and executive's sons and daughters, college athletes, not gutter trash. Duke is a private university, it is a prestigious school and you either have to have lots of money or lots of brains to matriculate.

3) She never explicitly gives penis size, only subjective, ambiguous classifications. I suspect this one will be latched onto quickly and the statistical sudoku will begin once more in earnest. Here's your opportunity to shine RogerJ.

And let me say once more - I went to an American college for 5 years and experienced this attitude and approach to sexuality over and over again. This WAS MY REALITY for 5 years. This is NOT an isolated case. This is the real education that takes place and why all American girls yearn to "go to college", aside from spending their father's money.

Guest Klingsor

What is however "unfortunate" (to use a mild word) is that you may be influencing young guys out there reading this forum, leading them into a similarly destructive and irrational state of mind.

As opposed to filling their heads up with false hopes and setting themselves up for a potentially suicidal rejection and humiliation? Because that's all you're doing. At least with me they know what to expect and are prepared for it.

I suppose to the individual living inside a fantasy, the real world would seem irrational.

Guest Klingsor

1) this report of hers was leaked by a friend, she was mortified when it came to light

This was the funniest part to me of the whole soap opera. She burst that holier-than-thou pretense of chastity all these young women like to front in a dramatic way, even though they all overwhelmingly think this way. I'm surprised a gang of militant feminists didn't jump her for revealing the manifesto for all the world to see.

...She burst that holier-than-thou pretense of chastity all these young women like to front in a dramatic way, even though they all overwhelmingly think this way....

what women?

i thought we were in agreement that most of today's women are openly sluts,or "liberated" as some call them!

Guest Klingsor

what women?

i thought we were in agreement that most of today's women are openly sluts,or "liberated" as some call them!

Perhaps chastity was the wrong word. I probably should have used "pro-choice" or "independent". I don't know.

What I was attempting to point out is that they make a distinction between being a common slut and being "liberated", when in reality they're both sluts except one is more discriminating in her choice of cock than the other. A slut with standards is still a slut in my opinion whether she's fucking a Duke lacrosse player or a shitkicker.

Perhaps chastity was the wrong word. I probably should have used "pro-choice" or "independent". I don't know.

What I was attempting to point out is that they make a distinction between being a common slut and being "liberated", when in reality they're both sluts except one is more discriminating in her choice of cock than the other. A slut with standards is still a slut in my opinion whether she's fucking a Duke lacrosse player or a shitkicker.

i can hardly believe my eyes klingsor!!!

did you just say something i agree with??????

please don't delete the post in the future ;) .

i don't wanna piss you off so quickly after agreeing with you,but i must ask,why not go for the more common sluts,or less discriminating sluts then?

put up an ad:

klingsor,a short tempered and stubborn guy,who has a way with words,seeks non-discriminating slut for casual or serious relationship.

Guest Klingsor

My point is simply that most of the (very many) American men out there who have a penis 4.5" NBP (or above) are not getting rejected by most women.

I appreciate that your experience may be different, but on the basis of some of your contributions here (some of which you have indeed now deleted) I do wonder whether these rejections were made on a more complex basis than just being about your penis size?

That's, perhaps, a slightly a cheap thing to say? I obviously don't know everything about you, and I don't want to be unfair.

As to the first point, I've given my view on the conclusions that can be drawn from that statement multiple times. Some men can accept this without batting an eye, I can't.

I concede you have a valid point on the second question. But in my posts, and yes I did do something childish as I admitted and deleted many of them and the Sheldon post in particular is the one to which I'm referring, I have argued that penis size is a holistic topic.

It is reasonable to argue which caused which - am I just an unfit human being with a systemically compromised development, and stunted penis size was just one of the consequences? We may never know. But a small penis has resulted in itself a host of unpleasant psychiatric disturbances, aside from the obvious repercussions of chronic sexual frustration.

However, I can state that all three of the women involved sexually with me explicitly rejected me on the basis of sexual performance, specifically size.

Guest Klingsor

i don't wanna piss you off so quickly after agreeing with you,but i must ask,why not go for the more common sluts,or less discriminating sluts then?

put up an ad:

klingsor,a short tempered and stubborn guy,who has a way with words,seeks non-discriminating slut for casual or serious relationship.

Resolute you have a real talent for completely missing the subtleties of a statement.

ALL women are discriminating when it comes to cock size. Some women do however take an interest in what that big dick is attached to.

Guest Klingsor

It's ok Resolute. I've made up my mind to leave the forum now anyway. I thought it was better that young guys not build their hopes up and set themselves up for terrible rejection like me and suffer the horrendous consequences. Had I known what I know now, I would never in a million years have attended college and let my experiences in the "real" jungle of sexual relationships destroy me mentally. Had I never went to college, I would still be depressed and lonely probably, but I wouldn't be haunted and tortured by my experiences in that place during my most impressionable years of life.

I had hoped to meet people here who felt like I did and perhaps make friends since I don't have any, but I feel like everyone hates me in this community for speaking truth of my own life. I think I just make everyone unhappy.

I am sorry for all the people I drove away. I just read this morning where the Russians are adventuring in the Crimea, so hopefully Putin has some ICBM's left that can still fly and they still know how to find US bomber bases because I live right next to one. Maybe I'll be vaporized in a thermonuclear apocalypse in the coming months.

The only advice I can give to any anguished young guy is just to listen to your own experiences, and then decide for yourself how best to live your life in some degree of quality based on those experiences.

I want to help too, but I'm not always sure how. I know sometimes for me just having someone listen and hear me can offer comfort and that always helps me. I like to blog here daily too and I find that very helpful. That is an option as well, and you can adjust the privacy settings to your comfort level too, if anyone is interested. As for deletions, that happens sometimes. I've done it myself, more than once.

I hope no one decides to leave, but I also respect this is your choice. I wish everyone healing and peace.

i too don't hate you klingsor,and i certainly don't want you to leave.

the forum just won't be the same without you,and believe it or not,you've kind of grown on me,and i do consider you a friend.just think of me as an older brother who gives you a hard time sometimes,but in reality cares about you.

i truly hope you reconsider,buddy.

Yeah I'm taking a break too. Although I enjoy the company and community at large, it can get frustrating to have my opinions and the opinions of others so heavily scrutinised.

Considering that secondary to venting, most people likely want to feel accepted by like-bodied people. It's almost ironic right? Some of us are just as intolerant of others opinions as to why women and society in general are intolerant of us.

We're almost forced to justify our points because if we don't, the critic struts around like he's somehow superior?The same people that claim that they don't need validation, putting people down to prove they're right? Well good on you, king of the shit hole.

It must be entertaining to watch the starving fight to death over breadcrumbs.

if i'm included in that statement,well,i'm sorry you feel that way,but it isn't my intent to feel superior.like you said,if that was my intent i'd do it elsewhere.

Guest Klingsor

Yeah I'm taking a break too. Although I enjoy the company and community at large, it can get frustrating to have my opinions and the opinions of others so heavily scrutinised.

Considering that secondary to venting, most people likely want to feel accepted by like-bodied people. It's almost ironic right? Some of us are just as intolerant of others opinions as to why women and society in general is intolerant of us.

We're almost forced to justify our points because if we don't, the critic struts around like he's somehow superior? The same people that claim that they don't need validation, putting people down? Well good on you, king of the shit hole.

It must be entertaining to watch the starving fight to death over breadcrumbs.

This has been my conclusion as well, Small. I'm forced to argue like I'm on trial that my experiences are real, they happened, and what the extenuating circumstances were in each case.

And then even after I've presented a logically valid argument, my experiences are completely dismissed by a condescending, patronizing, and emoticon laced post that basically says it's all in my head and I'm being "irrational". I'm tired of dealing with it and pointing out the blinding contradictions that are never addressed.

And yes you're absolutely right about the last bit. I have often wondered just how many "big ones" make their way here during their internet sojourns to relieve a bit of boredom and have a great laugh at the sniping and silliness and then log off and smash their girlfriend in the headiness of knowing they will never even have to entertain such thoughts and thinking how great it is not to be "those guys".

I may return after a time of recuperation. But for now I'm sick of defending myself to people who've never had to deal with it.