Mental Support Community

Never getting married

nytaiji

Malign, I haven't said anything personal or used any name calling. I'm just trying to have a debate with Roger. I can definitely just let it go. But I thought this was the whole point of a forum, to have discussions. Roger and I just don't happen to agree on this topic. I'm new with the forum thing though so if I'm not supposed to be addressing one individual than let me know.

It's difficult, as you can see, taiji. It's okay to address someone and have a friendly discussion. That is what we're here for.

You can see how quickly it can turn into something less than friendly, though. You can also see that sometimes a debate doesn't end with a winner. That can mean having to decide to end a discussion if it isn't progressing.

As for calling 'resolute' names, VB, is that helping? I thought the internet wisdom was not to feed those that one considers trolls.

I can't say that I'm very fond of this software allowing people to go back and edit their replies, either. It's enough that I have to read them once ...

@nytaiji

Okay, if it makes you feel happy: yes, dammit, if I slept with 10,000 highly experienced girls and each and every one of them told me that size x is "small", then yeah, I'd be inclined to think that size x is, indeed, small.

But quite honestly, after doing 10,000 girls my penis would probably have fallen off anyway, and so I'd be past caring!

(In reality, of course, most guys are never in their life going to be with a big enough number of different girls to be statistically significant.)

come now roger, only if they were highly experienced? :P

So, Roger, is it possible that any number is significant to the guy?

We both know this isn't about statistics. Some men are smaller than average, some aren't.

The problem is the effect of believing that you're smaller than average, on the rest of your life.

That's why I don't separate SP and SPS, because I agree with "Small' that the area we can most help with here is the mental adjustment to the concept of being small, whether it's true or not.

I honestly think most people are going to get agitated when they are told that the problem is all in their head. Maybe SPS should be renamed SPIMOS. Small Penis In My Opinion Syndrome. Then it really doesn't matter whether it's in our head or not. So if you want to tell me I fall into the statistical average? Fine, I wont argue that anymore. I'll just simply start saying then that the average male penis is small. Better? Cause it really doesn't make a difference to me. Same result. I'm still walking around with the same dick that has been called small multiple times.

SPIMOS is the Spanish Space Agency isn't it?

You both have a point, taiji (an exercise that I practice as well, by the way.) I just remade yours in different words.

I think Roger has been worried about the possibility of convincing more young guys that they're small when maybe they're not, which I hope you agree would be something we'd want to prevent.

From what I've heard here, though, the statistics are fairly useless at either convincing a guy he's okay or at convincing him he's small. The numbers seem to jump around, and to follow the attitude of the person posting them. I was interested in the other thread where someone asked what first made guys think they were small. I think we need more posts about personal experiences rather than generalizations, which unfortunately, statistics always are.

Not a script. A guideline, and the same one I've been talking about all day, and am getting somewhat tired of:

"Address the argument, not the guy."

There's no gain, and a significant loss in congeniality, when you talk about the person, instead of what they said.

You should post that rule and police it fairly. Opportunistic rule enforcement benefits nobody. It singles out some and empowers others.

You're absolutely right: there are any number of things I should do differently in running a board of this size and complexity.

I apologize for any shortcomings in the experience that any of you may have had in using it.

The reality, though, is that you've got me and IrmaJean and a free board on which to talk about your problems.

I'm sorry if that's not enough.

{I'm 5'6", if that helps any.}

{And balding.}

I think there are nuggets of truth with all these comments…

Roger- I do think stats can be helpful.

I think that recent survey showing 6.5 to be ideal for women would be very empowering for guys in the 6-7 range.

I also think such 6-7 guys are very unlikely to experience rejection, pity or ridicule from women over their size.

So data and experience should make them positive about this issue.

So on that basis, I do agree there is a distinction between SP and SPS in the way you describe.

At the same time I see Maligns point about their similarities too - mentally speaking.

And Small is right too; For every progressive 0.5 inch you go lower than 6.5 length or every 0.25 you go bellow 5 girth is an impact physically and emotionally on the male.

2 identical guys, but one with 4x4 and the other 6.5x5.5 are going to have very different lives.

they will have different egos, women and peers will react differently to them and sex will be fundamentally different both for the man and his partners.

Its rather a cruel difference - but I am convinced there are mental approaches that enable one to endure the 'disability' and this is why many of us are here- we seek solace and coping strategies and a place to share, to commiserate, to vent.

ps I only think size queens go for 9x 6 monsters…. thats what a recent survey says, even though that contradicts some of the clips I posted- but I think those clips tend to be from women who gravitate to being loud about their sexuality and are more likely to be size queens.

pps I remain ready to be corrected though - I do have a naive streak despite years of having it kicked out of me….