Mental Support Community

Antidepressants

nytaiji

Just curious about something.....and this is probably the best place to ask. Has anyone been on antidepressants since before puberty? Or if you aren't still taking them, did you take them during puberty? The reason I ask is that its well known that most antidepressants cause sexual side effects. Specifically, loss of libido. I have been taking antidepressants since the age of 12. That was 24 years ago. Back then the meds had much stronger side effects. Well, I have long suspected that it is a real possibility that antidepressants could stunt puberty. Or at least the ones that were available back then. I can honestly say that my dick never grew during puberty. I have the same size dick that I did when I was 12. And on top of that, every male in my family (both sides) is very hairy. I have absolutely no chest hair. Not one. I'm just wondering if anyone else may have had the same experience.

Just curious about something.....and this is probably the best place to ask. Has anyone been on antidepressants since before puberty? Or if you aren't still taking them, did you take them during puberty? The reason I ask is that its well known that most antidepressants cause sexual side effects. Specifically, loss of libido. I have been taking antidepressants since the age of 12. That was 24 years ago. Back then the meds had much stronger side effects. Well, I have long suspected that it is a real possibility that antidepressants could stunt puberty. Or at least the ones that were available back then. I can honestly say that my dick never grew during puberty. I have the same size dick that I did when I was 12. And on top of that, every male in my family (both sides) is very hairy. I have absolutely no chest hair. Not one. I'm just wondering if anyone else may have had the same experience.

i haven't taken antidepressants before or during puberty.

i don't wanna ruffle anyone's feathers, but antidepressants are, and always have been harmful* in more ways than one.

by the way, i don't really remember my size when i was twelve; you had a 6" dick at twelve? that's impressive :P .

*health and medicine, including psychological, is one of my fields of interest; so i'm considerably educated in that area.

How are "they" harmful?

wow, where do i start!? i could write a book.

the short version though, is this: every single synthetic drug will be harmful one way or another. our bodies weren't designed to be treated with man-made chemicals; but big pharma can't patent herbs and plants etc., so they have to keep coming up with different chemical formulations that can be patented. and if the drug still can't meet fda (or others in different countries, though some consider fda approval as gospel) approval, well, there's nothing some money here and there can't fix.

and don't get me started on how those huge companies and their goons (including some governments and feds etc.) crush anything and anyone who has any actual cure, or even something more effective or safer than their product.

like i said, i could probably write a book about many of these things, including how the fda operates and "processes" stuff.

as for antidepressants, well i'll just point to one thing, they continue to prescribe drugs targeting serotonin reuptake even decades after it was clearly demonstrated in a large study in the eighties, that there's pretty much no difference in serotonin levels between depressed and non-depressed subjects.

note that i'm a bit rusty since i've read most of this stuff long ago; also i'm not a physician, or a scientist.

i'll make it clear that i have almost no faith in modern mainstream conventional so called "medicine". i've spent literally thousands of hours reading all kinds of things on it, and on alternative (real) medicine.

if anyone's interested, these are two great and informative (and probably eye-opening for some) sites (in english, i won't bother anyone with sites from other countries and languages) :

http://www.mercola.com/

http://www.naturalnews.com/

Edited by resolute