Mental Support Community

Just Venting

nytaiji

(Seriously, is anyone moderating this forum?)

We do the best we can. There aren't many of us and life can be crazy (mine is right now) and this forum is very active lately.

That's it, let it out. Now, try rephrasing your post with "I feel..." lol

​I feel I need to use a different approach at times when in a moderator role.

Did any of you read the link I posted about this in Recommended Readings?

It is the second link on post #107.

http://www.mentalsup...s/page__st__100

Saying "I think" and "I feel" can help us take responsibility for our own feelings and at the same time not dismiss others' feelings. It might help to avoid and resolve conflict.

Shit. Now I feel bad. I didn't mean to upset you Klingsor. It does suck, but at least now you know you're part of a much larger group than you thought before. Even "average" men are ill-equipped.

And don't worry about using it. We'll have fun picking them up, bringing them home, and calling them sluts for coming back with us. Then just call em a cab home. Sometimes revenge is more fun anyway.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. And I know exactly what you mean about the closure. I spent over 10 years in that exact frustration of not knowing what the truth was, when I was being lied to, and what was being said behind my back. Women really don't like admitting some of these things. I think some of them genuinely don't want to hurt the guy. Others don't want to be judged. I've noticed though that older, more mature and self confident women will be more open and honest about their preferences. One other thing that I am still amazed by is how prevalent the rape fantasy is in women. I think a lot of the confusion also about what women prefer in bed is due to the fact that women don't analyze things like we do. They kinda just go with the feeling and don't think about the "why's" of it. The rape fantasy is very common. But most can't put into words why they fantasize about that. They have all said that they would never want to be raped, but the thought turns them on. Only a select few were able to figure out that what the fantasy really is about being wanted so bad by a man that he couldn't help himself. To feel totally vulnerable and in his control and he sexually ravished her. But most of them just shrugged their shoulders and went on without a second thought as to why. It's no wonder men can't figure women out. Not even women know why they do the shit they do.

"I think most women are inherently submissive in bed"

Modest, I agree 100% with that statement. And that's what contributes to my anger toward women. The flip side of that is the male has to be dominant in bed. But being dominant in the bedroom isn't about just going through the motions. It's a mindset. It's an emotional state. And that's where the woman's past sexual encounters matter. The male, in order to really feel dominant and masculine, must either know he's her best lover, or be able to block out the fact that he might not be. But, if he suspects or knows that he isn't then it's going to greatly affect his confidence and his ability to pull off the dominance in the bedroom. Throw in the fact that women are now making it more and more clear that a lot of us men are just physically incapable of being her best and you have a perfect formula for SPS!

Guest Klingsor

"I think most women are inherently submissive in bed"

Modest, I agree 100% with that statement. And that's what contributes to my anger toward women. The flip side of that is the male has to be dominant in bed. But being dominant in the bedroom isn't about just going through the motions. It's a mindset. It's an emotional state. And that's where the woman's past sexual encounters matter. The male, in order to really feel dominant and masculine, must either know he's her best lover, or be able to block out the fact that he might not be. But, if he suspects or knows that he isn't then it's going to greatly affect his confidence and his ability to pull off the dominance in the bedroom. Throw in the fact that women are now making it more and more clear that a lot of us men are just physically incapable of being her best and you have a perfect formula for SPS!

Of course. And I didn't want to be too critical of you personally. It's just that I do seem to have been frequently subjected to vulgar language, personal attacks, implicit (or even explicit) threats - even though I myself have never once behaved this way towards other posters. But I never realised before yesterday that you have a block function on here - so things should be simpler now.

I still wonder whether some of the stuff you guys tolerate is at all helpful or supportive within the context of this forum? If it were a forum for girls with anorexia, would it be a great idea to allow people to push the idea that most men prefer skeletel females? Or to fantasise about the sounds made by sex between Concentration Camp victims, etc? Stuff like that might be very obviously bogus to you, to me and to most readers - but there might also be vulnerable people reading who could be influenced by it.

But it's your forum, so whatever...

One thing I have learned over the years that I have been a moderator is that no choice or decision that is made, no matter how much one wants to do what is best for all involved, will please everyone. There is so much gray area and many choices are judgment calls. I probably have missed some posts over the weeks and months and maybe also chose to leave some things alone, hoping members would work things out between themselves. My hope is to intervene as little as possible and allow for freedom of speech. Of course I would always hope to protect the vulnerable as much as possible, but it's very difficult to draw a line there...so much material could be triggering for someone.

I can only do my best with a genuine heart and care for this community, which I promise is my truth. Doesn't meant I haven't, don't, or won't make mistakes sometimes...I can say that I have. I do hope the community here does have a positive effect for some members; that is really why we're here and what I hope for and want.

Guest Klingsor

I'm starting to think maybe I'm just an alien from an other planet. A man is naturally dominant when it comes to sex because he is the leader. It isn't a mental state, it is his natural way of being. It's only because of all the lies that men are now confused and think being dominant when it comes to sex is something a man has to learn. It should be irrelevant whether the other men are better lovers or not when it comes to this. It doesn't matter

But here's something some of you could try if you want to be more dominant with a woman. Simply abstain from ejaculation for a few weeks. You'll be a lot less concerned with learning how to be dominant and will naturally be it. You won;t need to block anything out of your mind because you'll be too horny to care. You know the real reason why men are having issues with this, is because they keep releasing their semen every day. You're releasing the very thing that can drive you to be dominant. That's why boxers and martial artists abstain from sex a few weeks before a fight.

Then why did you spend months jelquing?

"If anything, all it does is provide the feelings of sufferers with dignity, which leads to acceptance as you know, is the first step to recovery.

To do the opposite and undermine the feelings of sps sufferers, could help a minority of sufferers feel comfortable with their penis size, but will usually cause anger in the majority. This "they don't believe/understand me" feeling is dangerous to anyones mental balance. Not only that, but we'd be sending them into the world ill prepared with bad advice."

That is exactly what I've been trying to get across to him. Denying the validity of feelings does not help anyone. Yes, ignorance can be bliss. But it's still not the answer imo. I certainly don't want to go through life with my head up my ass just so I can be happy. I'm a red pill kind of guy. Even if it's brutal, I want to know the truth. And, just like Klingsor, I KNEW something wasn't adding up with all the scientific "data". Science is used to seek truth. And the statistical data and conclusions that science provides can never be wrong. However, the interpretation of that data can definitely be wrong. And I personally think that there just hasn't been a single study on human penis size that hasn't been flawed.