Mental Support Community

What is the Purpose of This Website?

Guest Klingsor

The forums originally were a part of Mentalhelp.net. When the owners of that site no longer wanted to maintain the forums some of the existing moderators tried to find a way to keep it going. And that is how this community came to be mentalsupportcommunity.net. It's a peer support site and is here for the purpose of hopefully helping others.

I was aware there was a suspicion of a member having multiple accounts and so looked into this. I was unable to find any indication of multiple accounts. While we don't recommend using multiple accounts, it alone is not cause for banning.

I'm sorry you're feeling distressed and unsafe here, Klingsor. We hope to provide a safe space for people to support one another and express feelings.

It was not my intent to have anyone banned, I was trying to give evidence on the ways in which these clowns discredit and harass; evidence, moreover, that would have been enough to convict in any court in the United States. And I don't know what you used to settle the question, but if you were performing an IP reconnaissance, it would be proof positive a proxy host was being used in the absence of a match.

I used the tools we have available here to us and there was no match. If there are specific posts that are abusive, it is okay to report them in order to bring them to our attention. I'm afraid that I may have missed some posts.

All I can tell you is that since I've come here and actively posted in the penis forum, I have felt increasingly depressed, frequently nauseated, anxious, and angry. I have found myself waking up at odd hours and being drawn to this forum like a compulsion. I have severely taxed the patience of my bosses at work because my mind has been preoccupied with comments and posts to the point that I've had my phone threatened with confiscation for the duration of my workday. I've experienced rage so intense that I felt as if I were having a heart attack. And now I am in real danger of losing my job. I've already watched this happen to Jessie, and since he was forced to resign his job, his posts have grown farther and farther apart until he is now ignored. The corrosiveness of the forum has done it's work.

I feel saddened by this. If you feel being here on the forum is worsening your health and negatively affecting your life, then I hope you will decide to do what is best for you. I wish you healing.

Twice now I have been lured by members on this forum to engage in private messaging, and now these individuals possess comprising data about me that could seriously damage my credibility in numerous situations and be used as blackmail.

I'm sorry this happened. Would it help to block these members?

I don't believe that for an instant. People are motivated through self interest and nothing else.

I feel it's more gray than that. I think there are many reasons why we do the things that we do. If there is self-interest on my part, it's because giving and potentially helping others and trying to make a positive difference feels good. I like being giving and generous and kind. I find it soothing and healing. I also blog here and find that immensely helpful. I also have made some wonderful friends. So I do get a lot back from the site, this is true.

There is certainly something more to this forum than meets the eye, and especially, the sub forum that was mentioned.

Frankly, being here has made me feel worse, and if there are ulterior motives in place, which I believe there are, based

on the way things have been handled, I think 2015 would be a great time to log off once and for all.

I'm sorry you are feeling worse. I always try to handle things as best as I possibly can, but I know I make mistakes too. I apologize if I have missed abusive posts. If you feel it is in your best interests to not return, I want you to be well. I'm sorry we have not been able to help.

Edited by IrmaJean
adding

I used the tools we have available here to us and there was no match. If there are specific posts that are abusive, it is okay to report them in order to bring them to our attention. I'm afraid that I may have missed some posts.

I feel saddened by this. If you feel being here on the forum is worsening your health and negatively affecting your life, then I hope you will decide to do what is best for you. I wish you healing.

I'm sorry this happened. Would it help to block these members?

I feel it's more gray than that. I think there are many reasons why we do the things that we do. If there is self-interest on my part, it's because giving and potentially helping others and trying to make a positive difference feels good. I like being giving and generous and kind. I find it soothing and healing. I also blog here and find that immensely helpful. I also have made some wonderful friends. So I do get a lot back from the site, this is true.

I'm sorry you are feeling worse. I always try to handle things as best as I possibly can, but I know I make mistakes too. I apologize if I have missed abusive posts. If you feel it is in your best interests to not return, I want you to be well. I'm sorry we have not been able to help.

Irma, I have never encountered any problems with you. I think you are sincere and genuinely care

about helping people. Anyway, Happy New Year and Best of Luck. If I choose not to come back, it's because my particular problem has only one solution, which is basically the polar opposite of posting on a "support forum".

Klingsor, I'm not sure what anyone could say to assuage your doubts, once you've had them. After all, with a big enough conspiracy, anything really is possible. On the other hand, really big conspiracies tend to fall apart of their own weight, or so I believe.

As conspiracies go, this site is a very small one. Faced with the loss of a mental health forum that had helped both of us for a number of years, Beth and I decided to take on the burden of hosting, maintaining and administering the site on our own several years ago. As you can see by clicking the link "Community Forum Software by IP .Board 3.3.2" down in the bottom right corner, the software we use is cheaply and publicly available. I pay the monthly fee; it's more than worth it to me if just one person makes the same decision I did, some years ago, partly because of this site: not to die today.

I'm not affiliated with any government anything, but of course I would say that either way. I'm not asking you to trust me personally; why would anyone do that over the internet anyway?

I understand that the discussions here may have had the effect of activating your feelings more than you would like. I can't say whether that might end up being for the better or the worse; that's a decision only you can make.

Guest Klingsor

Dear IrmaJean, I'm sorry for being a troublemaker. Please delete this thread if it will make a difference. I'm sorry to read of your nerve damages, you don't deserve that.