Mental Support Community

perspective

Resolute

gee, wow small, thanks. i'm blushing :P .

you make some interesting points about this world belonging to the privileged (those with money and good genes).

you're too kind in calling me the life of the forum. there are others more worthy of that title. i too have become fond of you, and some of the other members here, and will put in a good word in for you guys with god ^_^ .

klingsor, i'm unfamiliar with this stuff, and it seems too confusing for me... but from what i gather (after googling), is that this justinian fella constantly compared himself to the likes of caesar, but could never measure up (no pun klingsor) to him... am i right, or am i missing something?

Guest Klingsor

Hey guys. I've been saddened to read this thread, and to learn that our friend resolute is intending on bowing out of this shitty rock that we have come to call our home. This world is no home to those unlucky enough to suffer from poor health, bad socioeconomic conditions and a general lack of self worth or self acceptance.

Why is it that we blame the individual and ask they fix themselves when the problem is the virtually unattainable social status set by the collective ego of man and all facets of his political and social reach? This world belongs to the privileged and those naive enough to overlook their degrading status whilst decorating their collars and pursuing the delusion of happiness

The well bred and wealthy are the proverbial football stars while we're nothing more than their water boys, so eager to climb the social ladder of approval that were willing to slit the throats of our acquaintances, just to win the special badge and be tossed that extra crumb to put with our fruits of labour.

With a heavy heart I wish resolute comfort when he leaves us. I've come to regard him dearly and though I am fond and appreciative of many of you, I think we can agree that resolute is very much the life of this forum.

I'm glad you still visit, Small.

just to expand a bit on post # 74, the being attractive to women issue is an ego thing, many women are needed to boost my ego to an acceptable level and keep it there. even if i didn't sleep with any of them, the fact that they're attracted to me is almost enough to get the job done. it's sort of a confirmation of my masculinity, manliness/manhood etc.. it's weird, i've never used any substance recreationally, no drugs, alcohol, or even smoking, but this is one thing/drug to which i'm addicted, without ever even trying it! and unfortunately, there's no way to get it, legally, or illegally :( .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi res, I didn't forget our conversation if it still seems of interest to you.

1- i don't know if i can speak for others, but when it comes to me, i have several 'levels' of values. top level values can probably never change under any circumstances. mid-level values might change if something really snaps, i.e under very special circumstances. low level values might be changeable with much work and perseverance. so even the last category (which is theoretically changeable) has two main problems, requires too much work, time. energy, and effort, and even in the event of succeeding, still wont make much difference since it's the least important category.

behaviors and reactions depend on values and other mostly uncontrollable factors -like genes, etc.-, so not much choice there either. yes, one could force himself to react a certain way in certain instances, but that is guaranteed to fail miserably at some point, because one can't go through his entire life forcing himself, without serious repercussions in the long run.

I agree with what you said about forcing reactions. Can you give some examples of these top, mid and low level values?

5- the problem with examination mts, is that even if i was able to get to the roots of all my problems, the chances of there existing a real solution or cure that is accessible to me, are microscopic at best.

I don't think anything should be kept in darkness though where it has potential to confuse and misguide us.

1- Hi res, I didn't forget our conversation if it still seems of interest to you.

thank you for thinking of me my friend. :)

1- I agree with what you said about forcing reactions. Can you give some examples of these top, mid and low level values?

2- I don't think anything should be kept in darkness though where it has potential to confuse and misguide us.

1- an example of a top-level value is that i can never ever (under any circumstances, and in any life) truly love a woman who had or lacked certain characteristics (mostly non-physical). this can not be changed.

an example of a mid-level value is that i would never do anything (even in desperation) that caused significant harm to others, for my own benefit. for this to change, i must first be broken.

and finally, an example of a low-level value is that a man who can't bed many attractive women (without deception, force, pressure, manipulation, etc.) isn't much of a man in this world. i guess that changing this is theoretically possible, but one must know exactly how. so with the right technique, enough time, effort, money, etc., it could happen.

2- if i went to many of the top "therapists" in the world, and they all concluded that the root of problem x was certain events (event y, etc.) and circumstances during my childhood, what good would it do me to know this?

Yeah most people are like you've described, I'd say 99% of people are. The thing is, it's not about being delusional to not accept that this is reality, but it's trying to think a way around it to survive this mad existence and not let this world conquer you. I do believe that that's what everything is set up to do, and I believe that perhaps this is some test we're supposed to get through.

i agree; it's just that some people are tested very unfairly and unreasonably. imagine giving a history major a test in theoretical physics, and expecting him/her to pass with flying colors. it simply won't happen.

skynight, sometimes i really don't know what you're talking about, nor do i feel that you know of what i speak.

there are a few things you really need to accept as fact:

1 - a desirable man is a powerful man. an undesirable man hasn't much leverage.

2- no one becomes "enlightened" or an "inventor" etc. by 'not caring about women/sex' (if not caring were even possible).

3- what kind of "life" do you think a man can have that doesn't involve women? i certainly don't want any such life.

4- instinctively/biologically, women need emotional connection, not sexual validation (generally speaking); but they still need to feel attractive and desirable. men on the other hand need sexual validation (generally speaking) to confirm and validate their manliness. at the same time, emotional connections are less critical for a man.

i've addressed your other points in numerous other posts all over the site.

3. You've pretty much answered what I've thought most along. Without women you're suggesting a man's life is worth nothing. How sad an existence it must be if you think you're only here to serve a female?

not 'serve' females, but rather 'enjoy' them. the world hasn't any pleasures to offer comparable to sex with a woman, romance with a woman, love with a woman, a woman's companionship, and so on. unless of course one finds true enlightenment and ceases to need any human connections for happiness; but that's quite a long shot.

ok, two problems:

1- people can't just 'snap out of' feeling a certain way towards certain things; like "from now on i won't give a !#@& what women (and men) think of me".

2- i believe in conspiracy theories as much as the next guy, but claiming that most people in the world were "taught that we need to have all women admire us, that we need to have sex, and for what? We do it because we've been taught that this is what a " real man does " when it's just a shaming tactic to keep you trapped mentally and constantly insecure about this." is a bit much.

in the spirit of not "scoring points" i won't address your post, except this part:

1- This world wants you to be miserable, depressed and hopeless about everything. This is by - design, 2- so you have 2 options. The first one is to just accept that and never be truly happy until the day you die or rebel against it and do everything within your power to make yourself feel better about things. Those seem to be the only two choices you have.

1- i think it's designed to make some people depressed and miserable, not everyone.

2- i tried the second option for about 32 years, then i realized that some of us were never meant to be happy in this life/world, so i accepted the first option; and since i can't just sit around in misery and pain for several more decades, i decided to go elsewhere, where i might have a better chance and fare better.

In the "Handbook of Higher Consciousness" Ken Keyes talks about "preferences over addictions". I hear echoes of that in Skynight's text. Simply put: I certainly would prefer the company of naked women but am not addicted to it. It's not going to rule my life.

i've tried to overcome this addiction since puberty without much luck. it has even gotten worse, much worse over the years.

i've tried to overcome this addiction since puberty without much luck. it has even gotten worse, much worse over the years.

I will agree it is easier said than done. In college I sunk into a stupor of pot and beer partly due to dissatisfaction w my relationships w the opposite sex. The consequences of that stupidity haunt me to this day in the form of underemployment.

I will agree it is easier said than done. In college I sunk into a stupor of pot and beer partly due to dissatisfaction w my relationships w the opposite sex. The consequences of that stupidity haunt me to this day in the form of underemployment.

skynight would disagree with both of us on that point.

I have an uncanny ability to understand something intellectually but not get it emotionally. I have read dozens of self help books, same for you tubes, and the frustrating thing is I change for a time but ultimately revert to form: anxious, fearful, miserable.

Have you bounced back at all or still feeling down and out??

Just about this. If you think about it, if you're really " horny " so to speak. You would think like this, but then afterwards when the urge is gone the impression I always got is I don't want to be around this women anymore. It's the urge to do it, and then when it's over it's like " then what " ? So it is an addiction for a lot of men. The thing is, I think it should be more then just this but many people seem to happy enough to just play that game. It's their life and they can do that. Seems all a bit pointless to me though.

all of existence is pointless, or at least this world is.

What are you addicted to exactly?

I think addiction is an illusion, you get a high but under the surface there is a loss and the replacement of this eventually becomes the desired feeling.

the unfulfilled need of desiring and being desired by- women.