Mental Support Community

Am I Small?

JS202

Guest RandomDude

It's completely acceptable to feel inadequate despite statistical inference. We're not robots, far from. Our psyches are complex and powerful recipients of the world around us, and should they not be in balance, our perception of our qualities and shortcomings alike are considerably & uncontrollably skewed. If any of us find it difficult to accept a factoid as a factoid, I hope we at least acknowledge that it's perfectly normal to feel otherwise.

For me it's like there are two sides of my brain. There's the logic side that sees all these statistical studies, and doesn't basically doubt the truth is in there somewhere. (Because, damit, they can't all be wrong!) But then there's another side of my brain. Call it an emotional side, call it a spiritual side. I don't know. But that's what is filled with doubts and fears. And the two sides are doing no holds barred wrestling. Sometimes logic side gets the upper hand and the fears are pinned down. But then they break out again and the fight is back on.

I got other serious bad shit going on in my life too, but I'll pass over that. Maybe if everything else were going well, I could get on top of this SPS fuckery? I don't know. But the future scares me. It does. Sometimes I feel I'd rather die than wind up old and alone.

Guest RandomDude

Are you avoiding these other issues? Sometimes this can lead to a buildup in anxiety, then displaced onto your penis due to a defence mechanism that's in place to stop you from worrying about the more serious issues. If the other problems were appropriately addressed, perhaps the anxiety would be correctly distributed and lowered in general, removing this ammunition from your "emotional side" thereby making you feel better about your size? Just a thought.

The more I think about it the more I think this could be exactly right. I am an idiot and coward in so many ways. There is more I could and should do to fight my problems. Realistically body image is only the real small fry among my troubles. But as you say, it's all too easy to duck the big stuff and focus instead on an old friend (well, old enemy, I guess)

There are so many screwed up contradictions to life. We are governed by logic at some level. But we are emotional as much as we are logical (more maybe?) Often we are governed by irrational fears. We fear where no fear is, but that doesn't make the fear any less real. Sometimes stuff only becomes clearer looking back. Sometimes we think, why did I sweat the small stuff at that time? (But then, we don't get the luxury of hindsight. This isn't a dry run. This shit is real, right here right now. Unfortunately. :( )

Guest RandomDude

Very interesting article! Lawrence barraclough (who is mentioned in the article) is someone I take a lot of hope from, that is happily married and a father. Shame the road to get there was long and bumpy

Lawrence B. is a very very brave guy and someone I feel huge sympathy for. I'm glad he is happy. His story is indeed an inspiration for us all - if he can be happily married with a 3-3.5 inch penis, then it begs the question what the fuck we are even sweating over with 5 inches and average girth?

On the other hand, his story is pretty blood curdling - he actually did get a totally bitchy girl humiliate him when he was a student. (I can't even begin to imagine the pain of that.)

Lawrence B. is a very very brave guy and someone I feel huge sympathy for. I'm glad he is happy. His story is indeed an inspiration for us all - if he can be happily married with a 3-3.5 inch penis, then it begs the question what the fuck we are even sweating over with 5 inches and average girth?

On the other hand, his story is pretty blood curdling - he actually did get a totally bitchy girl humiliate him when he was a student. (I can't even begin to imagine the pain of that.)

If you put it into that context then I do wonder why people on here do sweat over their size but the fears don't ease up and there are those bitchy girls out there.

Yep, I couldnt handle anything he went through with that girl. I think rejection would be okay for me if I didn't know the reason but if I were humiliated and ridiculed then I'd struggle to even gain an erection again lol

I just hate to young guys not having relationships w women because of it because there are ones that are ok w "below average" because they aren't perfect either and they know it.

Do you think it's possible for a man with a small dick and severe social anxiety to get into a relationship with a woman?

Guest RandomDude

Do you think it's possible for a man with a small dick and severe social anxiety to get into a relationship with a woman?

Anything is possible. Have you seen the documentary film "My Penis and I" by Lawrence Barraclough? (If not google it and you can see it legally free online) So this Lawrence dude is only just above a size doctors call 'micropenis syndrome' (3 inch) and he's happily married and a father.

As for you (like with 6.5 or 7 inch) you don't have a small penis! There's no fucking way anyone would think that size is small! Really there isn't. Many of the guys here (me included btw) are 1.5 inch less than you.

To your question I think the social anxiety would be a bigger impediment than size but yes I think it is possible. Maybe a woman that has anxiety herself would be a candidate.

But women with anxiety don't want to get into relationships with Socially Anxious men. They want confident, assured men with tons of friends who would be willing to go places and get them to meet people.

I wouldn't know how to answer that because I have no experience.

You don't have a small dick, Infact yours is fairly big.

I dunno. If a women wants a man with a 8-9 inch dick she's going to consider 6.5 inches small. But dick size isn't my biggest problem, I could have a ten inch dick and look like a male model, if I still had Social Anxiety it wouldn't make any difference.

Anything is possible. Have you seen the documentary film "My Penis and I" by Lawrence Barraclough? (If not google it and you can see it legally free online) So this Lawrence dude is only just above a size doctors call 'micropenis syndrome' (3 inch) and he's happily married and a father.

As for you (like with 6.5 or 7 inch) you don't have a small penis! There's no fucking way anyone would think that size is small! Really there isn't. Many of the guys here (me included btw) are 1.5 inch less than you.

Yeah, I saw that documenatry when it was first on in 2005. It was when I first started thinking about dick size (I was 13 and had just started to masturbate) and worried about not being big.

As for Lawrence, he might have a small dick but he's got loads of other things that women find attractive. Succesful, ambitious, confident, rich, entertaining, likeable, etc, etc.

Guest RandomDude

But women with anxiety don't want to get into relationships with Socially Anxious men. They want confident, assured men with tons of friends who would be willing to go places and get them to meet people.

Okay, but maybe there's another side to that coin. Maybe brassy and confident women want quiet socially shy men? (If I think of couples I've known and rubbed up against over the years its maybe very often the case opposite character types attract each other)

As for Lawrence, he might have a small dick but he's got loads of other things that women find attractive. Succesful, ambitious, confident, rich, entertaining, likeable, etc, etc.

He seems like a nice friendly sort of guy. I don't know if he is all that rich or successful? I'd guess these things are relative.

But here's a question, how many of us reading this would trade away 2 or 3 of our cock-inches in order to be rich, entertaining, and all that kind of shit? Okay, so you could happily lose an inch from 6.5 and still be perfectly good! (Just kidding lol.) But really tho, would any of us change places with Lawrence for, like, money or whatever? If so why we are even here at this forum?

• 2 weeks later...

That's actually a fair point.

It sure is.

Okay, but maybe there's another side to that coin. Maybe brassy and confident women want quiet socially shy men? (If I think of couples I've known and rubbed up against over the years its maybe very often the case opposite character types attract each other)

Are they really? Why would an attractive confident women want anything to do with shy men unless they want to control him. Those relationships aren't good.

But here's a question, how many of us reading this would trade away 2 or 3 of our cock-inches in order to be rich, entertaining, and all that kind of shit? Okay, so you could happily lose an inch from 6.5 and still be perfectly good! (Just kidding lol.) But really tho, would any of us change places with Lawrence for, like, money or whatever? If so why we are even here at this forum?

I'd probably give away an inch or two to not have social anxiety. But my dick isn't big anyway so I don't have much to lose. If I was, say 8 inches, I'd be less willing to give it up.

This right here is the problem. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Who cares what any woman wants in a man? Men have been so brainwashed and conditioned into trying to change themselves for a woman because it's constantly shoved in our face " hey bro, get yourself a woman or you're a loser " and it doesn't matter what type of man you are or what you achieve. Some of the most inspirational and successful men in history didn't even have any relationships with women or even had sex. Now am I saying you have to take it to that extreme and never have sex or relationships? No of course not. But make it on your terms and not hers. Don't ever try to force to change yourself for a woman. If you have social anxiety then work on that for yourself. But guess what? If you are socially anxious and you try to force yourself out of that then you will feel even worse. The key to be confident to women is really simple and yet seems mission impossible for many men. It's this simple. Don't care what they think about you. And the only reason you do care is because you, me and every other man in society have been told we should care. But why should we care? And for what reason? Are these women of today even worth stressing about and being depressed about? They don't care about you, so why do so many men care what they think? Care about yourself. Women of today will use and discard you so don't worry what they think. These so called confident men get all these women for one of three reasons or a combination of all three. 1. They don't care what a woman think of them. 2. They may be very physically attractive. 3. Money and perhaps something they are doing with their life that women look to attach to. Women look to be led by strong men regardless of what feminism teaches them. You can never be a mentally strong man all the while you're obsessed of what women may think or how they judge you.

Very true. We shouldn't care what they think, but despite wanting to not care it's difficult to not care, especially when I'm worried about being humiliated and mocked for the my personality/ looks/ dress.

Guest RandomDude

Are they really? Why would an attractive confident women want anything to do with shy men unless they want to control him. Those relationships aren't good.

Yeah opposites can attract. Really. I'd agree nobody wants to be controlled but I don't think its always so simple as that. If you got a good relationship there's something for both partner. V extrovert people can value a dependable rock in their life.

I'd probably give away an inch or two to not have social anxiety. But my dick isn't big anyway so I don't have much to lose. If I was, say 8 inches, I'd be less willing to give it up.

True SPS. This is a case where maybe a therapist can help? (Because it really is like in your mind, dude.)