Mental Support Community

Do You Feel Inferior To Others?

JS202

I've always felt this way. I feel less intelligant, less articulate, more boring, worse sense of humour, less clean, less likable, more strange than pretty much everyone else. And many other things that I've forgotten about because there's so many. I also feel ashamed because I've got little life experiance at the age of 23, having never been in a relationship or had a job. This is probably the main reason why I have severe socal anxety and am so afraid of talking to people, I fear they'll laugh at me or I'll stumble over my words/ say something stupid because I'm not intelligent or articulate. I feel like an alien around humans, weird and out of place.

Has anyone else felt inferior to others? How did it effect you, have you thought of any way of dealing with it?

• 2 weeks later...

I've always felt this way. I feel less intelligant, less articulate, more boring, worse sense of humour, less clean, less likable, more strange than pretty much everyone else. And many other things that I've forgotten about because there's so many. I also feel ashamed because I've got little life experiance at the age of 23, having never been in a relationship or had a job. This is probably the main reason why I have severe socal anxety and am so afraid of talking to people, I fear they'll laugh at me or I'll stumble over my words/ say something stupid because I'm not intelligent or articulate. I feel like an alien around humans, weird and out of place.

Has anyone else felt inferior to others? How did it effect you, have you thought of any way of dealing with it?

Hey man, found you via another forum and came across this post without reply so I thought Id add something.

In short, yes, I do feel inferior. I am ashamed I haven't gotten out there like my friends and lived the way a normal 20 year old should have lived up until now. I have all kinds of worries towards relationships (mainly due to a specific problem that you might know), work, driving lessons and my social life that make me feel worthless and not even sure how to progress normally from where im at now. I kind of feel a bit of an embarrassment towards my parents who have given me absolutely everything that I could have needed in life and that's a horrible feeling.

In answer to your question about how I deal with it? with great struggle and talking to people. Although when people talk to me about their problems, nearly all of them aren't as bad as mine so it is difficult.

Flipping the question back to you, how have you dealt with any bad feelings up until now?

Flipping the question back to you, how have you dealt with any bad feelings up until now?

Not well at all. My anxiety and feeling of inferority have always been bad, even from the age of four when I started Primary School. I've pretty much isolated myself since leaving college in 2009. And I don't see myself fixing it anytime soon.

• 7 months later...

The Romans worshipped small penises. For a lot of recorded history, men desired a small one. It carried status and you were perceived more as a gentleman. Big penises were frowned upon as subhuman animals. Only recently did men become so obsessed with having a big penis. Hopefully that trend turns around in my lifetime.