Mental Support Community

Mornings and Unexplainable Fears

Guest ChinaDoll

Guest ChinaDoll

I wonder if anyone else gets this? What is it? Why does it happen?

It's 4am now. It's not really that unusual that I wake up at this hour since during around this time, the rest of the house is up and about preparing for the day. But what's got me boggled is why sometimes I wake up with heightened senses and a state of minor fear. I say minor simply because I'm not yet at the point of raised blood pressure and hyperventilation.

I don't even have a clue as to what this fear is about. Is it about an imaginary perceived physical threat? Not likely. Some sort of fear involving a threat to my mental faculties? Highly likely. That's probably it. Being wide awake now though, I wonder if its even a real fear to be scared of being mentally attacked.

Anonymity online is both a source of comfort and anxiety.

Could it be because you had to let your guard down to sleep and now you are overcompensating upon awakening? I don't know if that might fit for you or not.

I think if you feel fear about being mentally attacked, it has to be a real fear. I hope you will listen to your feelings and care for yourself. I hope too that you feel more comfortable sharing here, in time.

Take care.

Guest ChinaDoll

I don't know if its the sleep deprivation talking but I TALK TOO MUCH!!! I have that urge to delete everything I've posted. But I know I'll regret it later if I do so instead I'm writing this.

Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna erase it sooooooo bad.

I get that feeling too sometimes, though not as much as I have in the past. It happens when I express myself very openly and then I feel wide open for all to see. It's very uncomfortable for sure. At the same time, I want to be seen so my feelings can be conflicted.

I hope you feel more comfortable in time expressing yourself here, ChinaDoll. It's okay to be you.