Mental Support Community

My so called life

Small

I went to a funeral last Saturday. The uhm, earth. It's not normal soil. It's thick like clay. It was so thick, heavy, dense. That's where I'm going to end up. That's it? Trapped deep in thick clay? No friends & family. What the fuck? How am I supposed to be okay with that? I'm not trying to act annoying or deep. But I have been disturbed by that a lot. I can't get this image out of my head. The clay & the big open field in the middle of nowhere.

I shouldn't have gone. I have been to 2 burials but I've never noticed that before. I don't want to be buried out there in some field with thousands of strangers. Where anyone can walk in or through. There's no privacy. And the surrounding area is so run down.

How about that clay eh? It's a narrow deep hole. Covered in clay? That must get solid like concrete. Does anyone else think about this?

I have thought about how I would like to be laid to rest after I die, yes. I don't like the idea of being inside a box and buried; I would much rather be out in the wide open and give back to nature as my last act, become one with it.

Maybe it would be a small comfort to plan your wishes in writing? Death and funerals (or even birthdays) can trigger fears around it, I think. I think most of us likely have some struggles around that. I personally draw comfort from the thought of deeper connection. My energy and essence will live on through nature long after my form ceases to exist. But I think everyone has to find their own path to peace. Maybe talking about it and sharing is helpful? I hope so.

Did you have the chance to skate yet?