Mental Support Community

True love

Ob1one

I've been struggling with this for awhile. With me I have always wanted to fall in love with a beautiful women just so that I could love her and she could love me back. I want to find my true love but then when I think about it, my true love seems to me only a fantasy. I want a girl who is intelligent and wise, can take care of herself, Beatiful, loving, compassionate, fit, understanding, and I guess I could say cuddly because I would want to lose that little cuddly side of the relationship that you tend to have when your young when you just want to hold her and look into her eyes and just think that your the luckiest man in the world.

When I think of all this I think this could never happen. Maybe I'm better off on my own, maybe I wouldn't need to lose the fire if I just run away from all of this then I won't need to go through that pain. Then I think I want this love so badly.

To start off I don't even know how to introduce myself to a women without sounding like some random pervert who wants a one night stand, or some guy with a week long crush, or even just desperate. I want to not sound but be calm and sincere, start a friendship before a relationship and then get married and take in one step at a time.

How do I just go up to a woman and just start a friendship because its like girls are now geared up just to ignore boys because they always think they want sex which a lot do and I almost like how they're prepared for what the world has to throw at them. But how does a good man just go up and start a relationship?

Hi Oblone

When I think of all this I think this could never happen. Maybe I'm better off on my own, maybe I wouldn't need to lose the fire if I just run away from all of this then I won't need to go through that pain. Then I think I want this love so badly.

To start off I don't even know how to introduce myself to a women without sounding like some random pervert who wants a one night stand, or some guy with a week long crush, or even just desperate. I want to not sound but be calm and sincere, start a friendship before a relationship and then get married and take in one step at a time.

How do I just go up to a woman and just start a friendship because its like girls are now geared up just to ignore boys because they always think they want sex which a lot do and I almost like how they're prepared for what the world has to throw at them. But how does a good man just go up and start a relationship?

If you want something badly enough, you'll work at your own way to go about it!

You could always introduce yourself to the girl of your dreams? Ask her, her hobbies and interest? Offer to take her to the Cinema's etc. Or if your still at school, you could imply that you are having problems with your school work and is there any chance that she could explain it to you over a milkshake or something?There is quite a lot you could do?

Going of experience, the way to a girls heart is by complimenting her. About anything?

• 1 month later...

Love or Sex ?

Due to the gender segregation of our communities it's very difficult to meet and form many relationships with the opposite sex without a sexual relationship between the initial motivation for introduction. This is a lot of pressure and inevitably promotes extremely superficial values and related fears. ‘The mating game’ is possibly the most abusive and dehumanising aspect of current human cultures that has ever evolved. It’s the practice of meeting a complete stranger with the interest of engaging in the most intimate act ... what a contrast!

I posted a longer version of this thought string in my blog

Edited by silentmist