Mental Support Community

Help

pennysue

My Life is such a mess. I think I have experiened depression all my life. I am 43 yr old Mother, daugher, wife and a mess. I have been on anti-depressants for years. The doctors cant seem to find one that works. I will be fine for 3-6 months and it seems to quit working. They have tried combination drugs and that has not work either. Now I am on pristiq and been on it for 7 months.

Here my everyday depressed issues. I have a husband that is quite and withdrawn and has been since we first married. We have no affections or tenderness in our marriage.

My father died 1 yr ago and my mother has a matter of days left in her life. I have 2 kids that can't be around my depression and i am afraid i am pushing my younger 2 kids away and they are suffering.

My mother was the only constant in my life, she helped me thru the worst parts of my life and depression. Now she is dying and I want to die with her.

I feel there is nothing left to live for. pennysue:(

Hi Pennysue & welcome to our community!

My father died 1 yr ago and my mother has a matter of days left in her life. I have 2 kids that can't be around my depression and i am afraid i am pushing my younger 2 kids away and they are suffering.

My mother was the only constant in my life, she helped me thru the worst parts of my life and depression. Now she is dying and I want to die with her.

I feel there is nothing left to live for. pennysue

What do you mean that you feel that there is nothing left to live for, you have just answered your own question there! You've got a family haven't you! How your feeling now is just how your own children will be feeling if anything happens to you? So imagine how they are going to cope, there only little yet!

My sympathy goes out to you. I too lost a family member only in November of last Year and I know how your feeling! I too suffer from Manic Depression among other illnesses.

I wish you luck. I'm sorry I have to get off now as my cat is walking all over my key board and standing in front of my PC Screen because he wants attention!

keep your chin up PennySue. I do agree with the above posts, you have your family and children to live for. Were would they be if you were gone? I have Bi-Polar and Explosive Anger Disorder and found that the right therapist has helped me tramendously with talking out my issues as I to found at one time that I wanted to give up. But with a wife and young daughter, my therapist helped me to realize what I would be putting them through if I was gone. Good luck on your struggle.