Mental Support Community

Waiting time in between sending messages!

paula

Mark or whoever?

Could you possibly deduct the waiting time in between sending messages?

I understand this is to help prevent SPAM, but I thought you said that you have installed something else for that?

I had a couple of messages in my inbox. When I replied to the first one and sent it, it were fine. But when I replied to the second one and press send, a message came up for me to wait 600 seconds before sending another message?

This proved to be rather annoying, as I had already typed the message and all I could do were sit there and wait! Otherwise, I could of deleted my reply and gone back to it later which I would of forgot?

Also, this timer which is set, is a lot longer than 600 seconds! I were sat there, no exaggeration, over 10 minutes, or thats how it felt?

My son who is a Moderator of his own site also, (his site is exactly the same as this one) said that you could reduce the minutes/seconds, in between sending messages, so could you do it please!

You know what i found to work really well. I'll type it in Microsoft WORD then copy and paste. It works great for me because i take so long to type i get kicked outbefore I am done typing. And with it on WORD i can save everything i write so i can go back and see what i can do to try and change my situation. (Makes a nice log for Counselor LOL)

Hi Karl

You know what i found to work really well. I'll type it in Microsoft WORD then copy and paste. It works great for me because i take so long to type i get kicked outbefore I am done typing. And with it on WORD i can save everything i write so i can go back and see what i can do to try and change my situation. (Makes a nice log for Counselor LOL)

Karl, I think you missed the point here, or I am reading into this wrong?

Not blowing my own trumpet or anything, but the speed of typing is no problem, as I'm doing it all day long. I can manage the typing no problem. That's why I always do long post, because I have it typed up in a jiffie.

The problem was: because I had read & typed a reply a reply to one of two private messages that I had received and sent, by the time I had read and replied to the second message and went to send it, because I had only just sen t the previous message, it was asking me to wait 600 seconds (10 minutes) before sending my next message, I was bored shitless waiting?

I understand what your saying by copying and pasting, but that's doing things arsehole upwards, if you get my drift? I like to type and get it sent so I can move on LOL.