Mental Support Community

new to this place :)

tmj777

hi there, i am a married mum of 2 and i am depressed

only recently diagnosed by my doctor but i know i have been battling with it for a long time, probably on and off since the birth of my first child, 5 years ago. finally decided that i wasn't coping well enuf trying to get through it on my own, it was beginning to affect my relationships and i owe it to my kids to get well. i am on an anti-depressant medication, only been 6 days. i feel like a complete failure ot my family. i hate my life. i feel like i wanna start all over some days and just be on my own. i have gorgeous children and i hate that i think this way. i don't want to feel like this. any advice would be welcomed. thanx

Hi tmj777

hi there, i am a married mum of 2 and i am depressed

only recently diagnosed by my doctor but i know i have been battling with it for a long time, probably on and off since the birth of my first child, 5 years ago. finally decided that i wasn't coping well enuf trying to get through it on my own,

This could be Post Natal Depression that you are suffering with? There again, it might not be, as I'm no doctor. But it seems like your doctor has got you on the right tracks!

You mention that your doctor has put you on anti-depressants and you have only been on them for 6 day's. You have to give these anti-depressants time to work! Rome wasn't built in a day! Also, you may find that you might have to keep swapping and changing these anti-depressants, till you find one that works with you? There again, you could of hit the Jackpot and the ones he's put you on, could work fine with you?

I know how your feeling as I myself am on quite a lot of medication throughout the day and still feel rather depressed and thats after either Two years or Three years, I can't remember!

The medication that your on will help to balance the chemicals in the brain, but you must understand that it could take quite a bit of time to get the right one that is best suited to you? You don't mention whether you are seeking other help or whether your doctor has referred you for other help? EG: Psychiatrist, Psychologist, any form of Therapy?

i hate my life. i feel like i wanna start all over some days and just be on my own. i have gorgeous children and i hate that i think this way. i don't want to feel like this. any advice would be welcomed. thanx

You will feel better when these anti-depressants get in your system!

One thing to remember...

Mental Illness isn't anyone's fault! All you can do is accept the fact that you could always have it? Treated with medical help, it can be controlled... Treat it the best you can and go on... It's not the end of the world, it's just a new start to a new beginning...