Mental Support Community

Not sure what is wrong with me..

Shea.Jeffs

About three months ago i started going though some major changes. I had to fight to be happy, depression does run in my family. I felt like i a screw up. My body also went though some major changes. I hit a growth spurt, and i had to actually try to stay skinny. But the biggest change was that i can not stand repetitive things! Anything and everything gets to me! Like people touching me, rubbing there hands on me, noises, tapping, music. If someone taps during class i cant think, i notice everyone making nosie and its all i can hear. It pounds in my head, gives me a head ache, and i have to leave the room or plug my ears. I also started to think horrible thoughts. 3-10 times a day i picture myself dying. I think about what everyone closes to me, mainly my boyfriend. He has been my biggest help. But its gotten to the point where he thinks i need help, but im scared. He thinks its OCD, do any of you know what could be wrong with me?

Hi Shea, welcome to the community. As always, the community is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. From your post, I can say that stress will heighten one's senses such that tapping, clicking, and the like in your environment can become a nuisance. Do you have any ideas as to what may be stressing you out besides what you have described thusfar? Perhaps sharing a little more about yourself can shed more light on this matter.

The pounding in your head you describe sounds rather serious and you should raise the matter with a doctor.

You mention that you are trying to stay skinny. Can you share more details as to what you are doing to stay skinny? For instance, are you on a diet? An exercise routine?

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Shea,

I also want to welcome you to our community and hope that you answer Kaudio's important questions.

I also want to point out that we can give you lots of support here but, as Kaudio corrrectly said, we are not a substitute for professional help. So, keep writing to us but, in addition, I want to join your boyfriend is recommending that you see a therapist. We cannot give a diagnosis but you do seem to be experiencing lots of depression and anxiety.

So, to get back to Kaudio's questions, what is the weight gain all about?

Allan

Thanks for replying back to me :(

I stress about a lot of things. Currently its finding a job, making ends meet. Also school seems to be getting harder to do well, because i have trouble concentrating.

I am not trying to lose weight. I exercise to try to stay fit, and create a healthy routine, and stress release. About the time all this got worse though i gained about 15 pounds. Im not over weight though, im still only 120. I now just have to kinda try to keep at this weight. before i couldn't really gain weight, so im just trying to be careful.

Thanks Shea!