Mental Support Community

Anger to ignorant people

Ob1one

There are kids at school who are very ignorant to me. These kids make fun of me a lot some just because they think its funny. Others are just plain rude. And ones simply and idiot. I'm a big man and a dangerous martial artist. I am afraid that one day I might lost control of myself and hurt someone which I don't want to do. It's hard because I get this 5 days a week. I'm weird to their standards thats why they make fun of me. All I ever think about is if I could make them feel my pain how would they fair. This problem has been affecting my grades and my mental stability. I need help on how to deal with these kids without hurting them physically. I can't go to the school canceler because he'd need proof that I am actually being bullied. The teachers there would need the same thing. I really need help with this I don't want to hurt anyone but then again I would love to hurt them... I'm a bit of a paradox.

Hi Ob1one, it's alright to feel angry and hurt, but the best way to address the problem is to talk it over with someone you trust - maybe a teacher or the other members of your dojo? Share what these kids are doing to you, how you feel when they do, and what you should do to resolve the matter without violence. There shouldn't be any need to prove that the bullying is taking place before you can talk about it.

Hi Ob1one

I have to second what kaudio has said I think it would be a good idea to tell the people at your martial artist members and get some support with them. Violence is not going to make this situation go away or make it better. You would only be adding to this negative energy by acting out your rage. I also think that a person with such power as your own as you have stated you are a big man and a dangerous martial artist, I think that your power is not to be used in this way. I hope that you are able to get some support and that these people understand what they are doing is hurting you. I hope you will stay strong and not give any energy to them, please try and stay away from a confrontation. take care;)

Hey Ob1one :D

I know whats it's like to be subjected to verbal abuse and bullying from people who I could snap like a twig. I'm about 280Ibs at the moment but can cycle 20-30km no problem. When I receive the abuse about my size (almost weekly) I feel completely calm and take it on the chin like a civilised gentleman. But 10 minutes later? I'm seething, sometimes rehearsing in my mind what it would be like to pick the abusive little git up and throw him/her 12 feet. I'm anything but civilised in my mind. A complete animal in fact. It's very unpleasant.

I like this about myself. That I can receive abuse and not act impulsively and get myself in prison and someone else in hospital. I try to remember that most people who abuse are themselves in a lot of pain and are acting out ... there is so much crap in the world. And if they're not in pain and are just anti-social? ... pity them for thier cognitive disability/retardation :D

Ob1one please listen to everyone who has posted something they are correct in saying that you should talk to someone you trust(your sensee or a family member etc..) I use to go out and fight as often as I could thinking it would relieve my pain but after the 15 minutes of relief I felt nothing but more anger but this time directed to myself which then continued a vicous cycle of self hatred and guilt and trying to chase the pain away. I am 35 and now realizing this I don't know your age but it sounds like you are younger than I am. I hope you can understand that hurting someone else (while at first might make you feel better) will in turn cause you to feel worse so please try to walk away or not even let yourself be with or around those people (if that is possible). If you have a bad day try to turn the other cheek and if need be get online and ask these people for more advice, the people here have some good insights and it is nice to know you are not alone.