Mental Support Community

am i going crazy

notmary

I feel like I am losing my mind. My whole life I knew that I wasn't "right" but I just kept trying to be like everyone else. I think that I have always been depressed. A couple of years ago a specific event occurred that led me to seek therapy for my children. My main concern was to keep them together, but I fell apart in the process. Eventually I began therapy myself. I knew that I had some traumatic times growing up but I am now having flashbacks of specific incidents of abuse. I can't deal with this. How does one make sense of the past?

I'm in the same boat. I think it's more trying to heal the past. I'm trying to figure out how to heal the past, but not to constantly dwell in it and blame it. I think healing is found through remembering the past experiences and learning from it, sharing your experiences with others, prayer, closure, and really loving yourself. I am struggling so much with loving myself and finding my own sense worth. People can tell me all great things about myself but inside, I can't accept those positive words. Perhaps, the negative tape inside of me has been so powerful, but I will try to accept the positive and love myself. I think it is a day by day thing.

I feel like I am losing my mind. My whole life I knew that I wasn't "right" but I just kept trying to be like everyone else. I think that I have always been depressed. A couple of years ago a specific event occurred that led me to seek therapy for my children. My main concern was to keep them together, but I fell apart in the process. Eventually I began therapy myself. I knew that I had some traumatic times growing up but I am now having flashbacks of specific incidents of abuse. I can't deal with this. How does one make sense of the past?