Mental Support Community

Grief Forum

drexistingmindfully

I would really like to see a forum on the mentalhelp.net site for grieving individuals. I would love to help establish it in any way possible.

I am a committee chairperson for the Association for Death Education and Counseling and am a certified thanatologist. I also have 15 years experience in social services, counseling, and working with dying and grieving people.

Please let me know how I can help.

Thank you.

drexistingmindfully/Kalima

I'm open to splitting the "Relationship problems and Grief issues" forum into two separate forums. The only reason they are together initially is that it doesn't help things to start with too many separate forums, in my experience. I'll do that now.

I very much appreciate the interest in a grief forum and helping such a forum along. You can help greatly by creating posts within the grief forum, so as to get things started there, and by responding to posts that people make. It's often helpful to lead with a post about an issue in grieving (for instance) that you know many people deal with. it's much easier for people to respond to a starter post like that than to articulate what they are going through all by themselves from scratch.