Mental Support Community

Anyone familiar with the Dept or Rehab?

pinecone

I am just curious if there's anyone who has gone thru the Dept of Rehab with having psychological disabilities. Why I ask, is cause, I have gotten to the point where I can attend school and get some retraining. But every time I think of actually attending a classroom, it makes me very scared. Last time I tried to take a class I lasted 2 weeks before I quit. I will also have to fill out all kinds of paperwork, sounds like, which I get worried about.

Just wondering if someone's already been thru something similar.

I also am waiting for my consultation with a psychologist to see if I need testing because my (non-testing)psychologist I've been seeing seeing thinks I may have some asperger's, or ADD or something. I can't help wonder if this affects me trying to learn.

Hi Pincone

But every time I think of actually attending a classroom, it makes me very scared. Last

It just sounds like fear to me. Fear of the unknown; fear of how you are going to do; fear of not doing well.

When you speak with your psychologist please talk about it. He certainly can give you some methods/advise about overcoming this. It is just like going through portions of life -- you have to go through it to overcome it.

Wishing you well

Archived