Mental Support Community

Hitting Bottom

This is my first post, not sure if i'll get any help,support, or advice, but i have to try. I am 30 years old and have lost total control of my life. I've been addicted to narcotics for half of my life. I am severly depressed and have just about completely isolated myself from those who care for me most. I have a beautiful woman, an awsome little boy, great job, a house and just about everything one could want. I've have hit bottom and don't know where to turn.

JEL531,

Welcome to our community. Hopefully, you'll find this place to be useful to you, and you can be some use and support to others too.

Can you elaborate on your situation a little bit? I hear that you are depressed, and opioid addicted, and that you are in a relationship. What is it that is happening now that is making it so that you are "hitting bottom" What has changed that is got you particularly upset now?

Also - of course part of any advice I would give would be to look into kicking your drug habit. I'm sure this is not the first time you've heard someone urge you in that direction. Can you talk about past efforts at sobriety that you've experienced, and what your desire is at the present time regarding coming off your drugs?

This detail will help me and others say something coherent to you :)

Mark