Mental Support Community

am i good enough?

pleemo88

I'm a very insecure person and I hate it. I'm not social bc of it and there for have no friends. The worst part is I'm desperately seeking to be in love again. I'm so sick of being alone. I feel like I'm not good enough for anyone though. I feel like EVERYONE is better than me in some way shape or form. It makes it really hard for me to meet even talk to possible interests. I don't like to talk about it with them bc I don't want to scare them off. I wish I had confidence in myself, but I have absolutely none.

Hi Page,

I wonder if this is related to the anxiety and depression you described earlier. This can make it especially hard to interact socially and feel comfortable doing it. It can also be what's affecting your self esteem. I know Allen asked you in your other thread whether you are currently in psychotherapy. He is right when he says that the combination of meds and therapy are the best way to get through this. Are you doing this currently???

In the mean time. I think one of the easiest ways to meet people and feel comfortable doing it is in areas that you feel some sense of enjoyment. What hobbies do you have??? Do you attend a church? Are things in the past that you felt good at (you said that you don't feel good at much right now but what about at other times in your life?)

well I just got it confirmed...a guy I was talking from online in so many words just called me ugly:'-(

I do do counseling and take meds...it just doesn't seem to be working.

I'm trying to get involved in things.

I don't go to church. I use to, but don't plan on going back.

the funny thing is I know I'm not ugly, but I'm taking it pretty hard right now.

Archived