Mental Support Community

over medicated?

fraggie

Ive been diagnosed with major depression disorder. I have soooooo many lows and im wondering if i might be overmedicated. pristique, clonopin, 2 amytriptil

ens in morning, clonopin, 2 amytriptiins two more times of the day, and abilify, remeron, and ambien at night

has anybody taken meds like this? i kinda feel sso lost all the time. very high highs and very low lows. thanks for taking the time to read this. not doing so good right now.l

dead inside one minute

the next, im helping someone.

who who am i????

why cant i find me???

does anybody really care?

or are we all on our own?

i hate that dead feeling

it saturates my insides

i try so hard to do positive

end up doing negative

no words can say

how it feels in a rage

do i wanna hurt others?

or do i wanna hurt me?

love is just a word

used wayyyyyy too much

dead inside

inside looking out.

hello fraggie and welcome to our little corner of the internet ;)

I think you will find this a very friendly and supportive place to be.

Sounds like you're haveing a pretty tough time right now. I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling so empty and dead inside. My heart goes out to you as you struggle with this.

Have you talked to your doctor about your concerns with your meds???? Sometimes it takes awhile to find the right medication or combination of medications that will help you feel better. Can you talk about how you are feeling now compared to how you were feeling before being on this combination of medications?? You can practice with us and then bring this information to your Dr if you're comfortable with that :)

I'm also wondering if you are in therapy??? That combined with medication has a better chance of good results.

Howdy fraggie and welcome here :(

Hard to know if you're overmedicated without knowing your history and a whole bunch of other stuff about you - ie, not something one can tell over the internet.

But as danni says, if you're concerned about too many meds, discuss it with your pdoc? I'm another who can heartily recommend psychotherapy. Therapy + meds is like 1 + 1 = 3. :)

thanks danni and luna, before the meds i was totally suicidal, and was hospitalized. the meds seem to work in the mornings on most days. and yea i go to pdoc next week, i finally changed docs, i have one now that LISTENS to me. so next week there might be a med change, i just want to be stable . not there yet, but am NOT losing hope . thanks yall for ur replies! its encouraging to be amongst others who are in same position and dealing good with it. gives me hope. thanks!

Archived