Mental Support Community

Is there a way to erase an account?

Amanda

I was able to delete all my posts and my blog entries but not my account. Is there a way to unsign up? If not why? If I never sign in again why take up space in your database? What if someone wants to sign up that wants my log in name? You can delete even a facebook account so why not on here? Taking up space I don't plan on using any longer seems a waste. I will check back later to see if someone posts a way to get deleted off here that I just didn't find. Thanks

Guest GingerSnap

I am not sure how to delete an account here. I know that I must have a few open on some different forums but I feel that if I were wasting their space that they would have a built-in system for erasing me automatically after a certain time. I feel that it is the website's issue, not mine as none of those websites send any emails to me so out of sight, out of mind. There are a few that maintain contact with me and if they are annoying, I zap them into neverland. Facebook does not delete accounts but stores all of that information - don't believe me, it takes about 2 seconds to reactivate an account if you have the log in info (absolutely everything is restored on your page when you do this so you are in their memory forever) or if someone else gets ahold of the login information - I feel much safer giving information to this website than I do Facebook where I severely limit the info that I post there. Truthfully, after posting here initially, I had the feeling that I wanted to delete my ever existing here but now, 15 months later, I find that I visit here when I can and check up on those familiar people and maybe give a couple thoughts to some newbies. You can contact "Mark" the site administrator and see if he can erase your account but beware of those like Facebook and what you are posting/joining/ etc.

Amanda-

You can PM the owner of the forum, Mark Dombeck and ask for your account to be deleted (you have to do this specifically.). Otherwise the account will lapse after a period, I think it may be 6 months and the system will re-use the space in the database and presumably the username then becomes available again.

It gives those people who only pop in every few months a chance to keep their user name without being deleted for "non-use". After a period (not exactly sure how long) the system assumes you won't be coming back.

Ty Luna as long as it will lapse after a period of inactivity that's fine.

Gingersnap let's face it once it's on the web no matter what you do it will always be out "there" somewhere but at least I can have the illusion it's gone:rolleyes: sometimes illusion is all you have to sustain you

Ty both and take care

Archived