Mental Support Community

info for the recently diagnosed

maddyC

okay well techniquely i am still i n hospital, but i have some leave. i don't know what the doctors think i have but they're treating me with lithium and did a quick search... bi polar treatment. i don't remember much of when i was first admited to hospital ..... i remember being and acting out on lot of suicidal thoughts , not the acting out so much but i know/ everyone keeps telling me things. i remember not being sad or unhappy, just in a lot of pain (emotional)....in fact at the time my life was going really well, for once, when i was admitted i don't think i fitted the criteria for bi polar. but i do feel good on this lithium and well the nurses keep complaining that my mood is too elevated.... 15 valium per day to none.... of course there is going to be a difference. although me and this other manic girl their, get on so well we just feed off each other and end up turning the dinning area into a dance arena. gosh its so much fun. what should i know about Bi-polar, do i have it? or is it something else.:cool:

okay well techniquely i am still i n hospital, but i have some leave. i don't know what the doctors think i have but they're treating me with lithium and did a quick search... bi polar treatment. i don't remember much of when i was first admited to hospital ..... i remember being and acting out on lot of suicidal thoughts , not the acting out so much but i know/ everyone keeps telling me things. i remember not being sad or unhappy, just in a lot of pain (emotional)....in fact at the time my life was going really well, for once, when i was admitted i don't think i fitted the criteria for bi polar. but i do feel good on this lithium and well the nurses keep complaining that my mood is too elevated.... 15 valium per day to none.... of course there is going to be a difference. although me and this other manic girl their, get on so well we just feed off each other and end up turning the dinning area into a dance arena. gosh its so much fun. what should i know about Bi-polar, do i have it? or is it something else.:cool:

Hi there, if your being treated with lithium then you most likley have been diagnosed with bipolar at some point. I have also been diagnosed with bipolar but i've got to wait to get treatment.

I just thought i would also suggest you taking a look through the bipolar section, there is plenty of info on bipolar, a few of us members have it and have been through what you are going through and what i am going through also.

I'm assuming by the way that you describe your experience in hospital so far that you are on a manic phase (loads of energy, feel so good etc).

Good luck with your treatment, you are on the road to recovery and i hope you have a safe journey....

Take Care, Jack.