Mental Support Community

Is there a name for this?

misrbl1

I am what a would consider to be a very passive person. My wife is what you would call very short-tempered. So most of the time when an argument happens, I back down because I want to avoid the fight. It has given her complete control of the relationship, to the point I'm almost ready to leave her, but that's another thread.

So am I just being a complete wussy?

I am what a would consider to be a very passive person. My wife is what you would call very short-tempered. So most of the time when an argument happens, I back down because I want to avoid the fight. It has given her complete control of the relationship, to the point I'm almost ready to leave her, but that's another thread.

So am I just being a complete wussy?

Your not a complete wussy, but perhaps you don't like confrontation. That is often the trouble with relationships...

My cousin got married to her perfect guy, trouble was he would never argue with her, they eventually became unhappy because she just wanted him to argue his case and he wouldn't. It made them both unhappy and ruined a good relationship.

I'm not comparing you to that situation at all but perhaps you could have a friendly 'debate' with your wife about something, that way you can both argue your points and perhaps this will help...

Yesterday I spoke up to her for the first time in a while, and as expected she flew completely off the handle. Yelling at me, telling me to stop the car in the middle of our little trip so she could walk home. More control tactics. There's no debating with someone who won't stop try to see your side of things.

Yesterday I spoke up to her for the first time in a while, and as expected she flew completely off the handle. Yelling at me, telling me to stop the car in the middle of our little trip so she could walk home. More control tactics. There's no debating with someone who won't stop try to see your side of things.

You may need to think very carefully about the effect your wife is having on you, perhaps you could arrange to spend a little time apart and see if that cools things down. It seems like you are on the loosing end of a controlling relationship and at the end of the day a good relationship is a happy one, consider whether you are happy, give it some space and upon return see if things change.

If not it may be time for you to make some serious decisions as to whether you can sustain a healthy relationship (or repair the one you have) with your wife, relationship therapy can often help with such issues and may be well worth looking into.

Sorry for my delayed responce, take care :)

Guest ASchwartz

Msrbl1,

I agree. Perhaps it is time for you to think about leaving this person because of the negative impact she is having on your life. What do you think?

Allan:(

Archived