Mental Support Community

a bit of help, please?

fennicfox

Ok today, I played Jv 6-man football and won. Why would some one be sad about that? well... i couldnt get my blocks. I was mad at myself until we were changing. All i got from the other palyer was negative remarks about my blocking. 1 said good job. I dont know why i feel so sad. I guess it just my depression getting to the surface but still i should be happy. We won and i got 2 tackles but here i am sad and looking for some one to talk to. I could talk to my mom but she has depression too. it just seems like a bit of negative can destroy all the possitive. I guess im just not a person who can do anything without being judged or ignored. I guess im just doomed to failer...

Hun you didn't fail your teammate did. Part of being a team is to raise each other up not tear each other down. When he made his negative remarks he proved himself unworthy of your attention. Your other teammate was right listen to him. You won you did a good job next time you can do even better. You weren't happy with your blocking so what can you do next time to improve? Even pro football players have games when there is something about their performance they aren't happy with so they think about what they didn't like and think about what they can do different next time. I do realize if you are depressed then it's 2nd nature to focus on the negative and forget the positive. That's just the disease talking don't let it take away your win. Also I'm here to tell you there is almost always going to be some ass that will feel the need to belittle someone else. They do this because it makes them feel good about themselves because if they are picking on you then no1 is paying attention to their shortcomings. It's a sign of immaturity and insecurity and those people aren't worth your time. P.S. WTG on winning your game:D

I love your avatar fennec foxes are so cute. Do you have one? I know they are a lot of work but supposedly if hand raised make excellent pets.

Ok today, I played Jv 6-man football and won. Why would some one be sad about that? well... i couldnt get my blocks. I was mad at myself until we were changing. All i got from the other palyer was negative remarks about my blocking. 1 said good job. I dont know why i feel so sad. I guess it just my depression getting to the surface but still i should be happy. We won and i got 2 tackles but here i am sad and looking for some one to talk to. I could talk to my mom but she has depression too. it just seems like a bit of negative can destroy all the possitive. I guess im just not a person who can do anything without being judged or ignored. I guess im just doomed to failer...

Hey man it's quite an accomplishment to be on a JV team! As you may have noticed, others can be cruel and will put you down needlessly. Mean people suck, right? Forget them, don't beat yourself up about it, and remember that just because others are being mean to you that that doesn't mean you have to let them bring you down. You say that a bit of negative can destroy all the positive, and I'm sorry to say that this is true man, if you let it. Let them try and destroy what good you have and relish in the fact that they can't take it away from you. Pat yourself on the back when you feel like you deserve it if those around you are neglecting to, if they're going to be scumbags about it then obviously your opinion of you means more than theirs does anyway, right?

Just chin up man. At least you're not one of those losers who has to put other people down to make themselves look bigger. How petty they are. I find that if you force yourself to smile, even when you're feeling your worst, and if you just keep doing it, that you'll start to actually feel like smiling.

Archived