Mental Support Community

Something Went Wrong Last Night

Zacho56

Hey there people. I have something that is bothering me and I had to ask.

Last night after I took my 700mg of Seroquel, I started to feel tired. So I lid down in bed and started to watch some TV. After about 15 minutes, something hit me, It was like I slipped out of conciousness and then came back quickly. Then I said, okay time to go to sleep. I turned into my pillow, and closed my eyes, when I did, I had these constant screams, visions,terrifying things, and thought I was going to die, I couldnt get to sleep quickly.. I jumped up a few times. Almost ready to call the hospital, I finally fell asleep. Does anyone have an explanation for this terrifying expierences of feeling of death and overall terror with voices anf flashes?

Thanks,

Zach

Hi Zach

Don't think that I'm trying to criticise you or anything but, did you take the agreed dose of medication and not more than you should have took? This can have an affect like your saying that you had, if you took more than the dose recommended.

You can get on a high that much that you start to hallucinate. You dosage hasn't increased has it? If so, then you could do with decreasing the dosage and see if that makes you feel any better?

If you start to frequently have these re-occurring symptoms, then I would strongly recommend that you seek medical advice. It could be interacting with other medication that your on, and you may need to be re-assessed.

Paula

Hi Zach

Don't think that I'm trying to criticise you or anything but, did you take the agreed dose of medication and not more than you should have took? This can have an affect like your saying that you had, if you took more than the dose recommended.

You can get on a high that much that you start to hallucinate. You dosage hasn't increased has it? If so, then you could do with decreasing the dosage and see if that makes you feel any better?

If you start to frequently have these re-occurring symptoms, then I would strongly recommend that you seek medical advice. It could be interacting with other medication that your on, and you may need to be re-assessed.

Paula

Absolutley not, I have never taken over my prescribed dose. And, I can't lower the dose either, the last time I was lowered, I went into a relapse and was hospitalized. I am not quite sure what happened. But it worries me.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Zacho56,

I agree with Paula that this could be a medication issue. I do not know but my instinct is to tell you to report this to your psychiatrist and see what he/she thinks.

Now, in addition to this, it is also important to think about what type of stress you may have been under that day. Things that happen during the day an be incorporated into night time dreams and nightmares. It may not seem as though this was a nightmare but maybe it was. Even if you were watching something scary on TV as you were falling asleep, it could have helped form that experience: or anything from the day.

Again, I would urge you to talk to your psychiatrist.

Have others had such experiences?

Allan