Mental Support Community

Trying to to eat help

Ethnicgirl4life

I'm sorry but I'm not familar with your problem I just know how much you must be hurting right now to post here and wanted you to know that you're not alone. Maybe if you could give me a little more background or y u feel guilty for eating?

U shouldn't feel guility 4 eating. Do u feel guility 4 putting gas in your car? It's the same thing without food the body can't function without gas the car can't go.

I'm sorry but I'm not familar with your problem I just know how much you must be hurting right now to post here and wanted you to know that you're not alone. Maybe if you could give me a little more background or y u feel guilty for eating?

U shouldn't feel guility 4 eating. Do u feel guility 4 putting gas in your car? It's the same thing without food the body can't function without gas the car can't go.

I feel bad for eating because healthy feels wrong an my eating disorder is very intense an I can't handle it

I dont feel bad for putting gas in car

Food to run your body is the same as gas for a car. Y does healthy feel wrong 4 u? Do u not think u deserve 2 b healthy? I don't know much about eating disorders other than they r some of the hardest problems to overcome. I know to overcome them 1 has to completely change how they see food and changing an established thought pattern can seem overwhelming. Is there any way u can break it down into steps? Is there any thing u can eat that doesn't make u feel bad? Sorry 4 all the questions:o

Kate

Goodmorning!

Sorry you are still suffering with this.... but... did I really think things like this just go away? If it was that simple ... I would be CURED by now! LOL

I do not remember... are you in therapy? Sounds to me like some of it may be self harm or depression. There are many ways to self Harm and " punish" yourself. I have cut, I have tried to drink myself to death and have ran everyone off because I felt unworthy. I have also refused to eat and just hoped that I would just drift away.

I understand it can be hard to "force" yourself to eat.... sometimes it gets so hard to just swallow. I have been there. Knowing that I must eat, but my body and mind don't want to let me.

Perhaps try a liquid supplement.... like Ensure.... Or even Slim Quick..... anything with vital vitamins in it. A fruit smoothie would also be good.

Once you get your body use to the vitamins, perhaps you will feel better and be able to eat something. I am all for eating healthy.... forget the chips and cakes.... eat fruit, meat and vegetables.

But any way.... I am going on like I tend to do.... but you know you can PM me anytime or find me on Yahoo etc......

A GOOD therapist can help with those feelings..... hang in there and know that you do matter..... I was glad to meet you a few months ago..... and want you to hang around!

HUGS JT

I do not count calories anymore..... I USE to try to eat 500 or less a day. 2000 is what the average body needs..... however by doing this I gained 35 lbs.... I could not figure it out.... I ate hardly nothing and was still gaining. I was also eating alot of "diet" food.... which I have come to find out is actually the worse thing you can do.... just read the ingredients...way toooo many chemicals.

Have no idea how many calories I eat a day now , but I eat 6-8 times a day. Fruit, Meat and or steamed vegetables....drink 6 bottles of water a day and stay away from all processed foods....

Your liver takes care of the chemicals and the fat.... If it is busy trying to get rid of chemicals, it cannot process the fat..... Diet sodas etc are the worse.....

You probably won't believe this.... and I did not either until I gave it a try.... I lost 5 lbs in this first week.... I am never hungry and I eat natural healthy food. On this diet they say the trick is to keep your blood sugar level even and in the fat burning stage.... too high not good.... too low not good.

Crackers, bread ... including Wheat bread and pasta will make your sugar spike a long with Orange juice.

I really feel the best I have in a long time. Physically and Mentally and I am loosing weight. I am only 10 lbs over weight for my height now.

I have the ebooks on this "un- Diet" If you would like to read them I can email them to you.

When you eat too little calories .... like I was , your body hangs onto fat because it thinks you are starving to death and it is trying to protect you.

At least these are the things I believe now and they are working for me. But other than my own experience, I have nothing to back it up...

Hugs, JT

Sometimes Ill go with eating a partial meal for one day just feel like I deserve it, have gone certain days without eating, real weak the next day. I'm mostly past that but I still have some trouble with it. Now a days, i eat a cheeseburger for every meal, with sodas. And BLEH candy, i rarely eat candy. Just a bunch of crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Pm me your email.... and I will email them to you... to long to send in a PM... and you have to have Adobe reader..... not been feeling good lately... hubs and I have been inot it again.... he wants me to be NORMAL.... I have been this way all my life..... sorry it took so long to reply! JT

Archived