Mental Support Community

Pseudoseizures

SoccerCoach88

Hi all, so I'm really struggling. I have Anxiety Disorder as my doctor called it (Generalized anxiety disorder). This causes my body to unconsciously go into pseudoseizure mode. I shake violently for about 30 seconds on and off for up to an hour. My Record (lol) is 3 pseudoseizures in 5 minutes. My neuro says that there is nothing that I can do about it but it's really effecting my college life as I have at least one a day. I don't even feel anxious when I am about to have one, I just have different auras that tells me I'm in trouble.

Anyone have any advice about how to deal with this???

Its like its ruling my life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

already on xanax and zyprexa... so have to be careful of use of benzos. usually if i can get a benadryl shot in and at least 1 xanax it'll pass pretty quickly but now its just getting all that responsibility of remembering the meds to bring with me. it's such a pain as is giving myself an IM shot.

Best.

Kate C.

Hi all, so I'm really struggling. I have Anxiety Disorder as my doctor called it (Generalized anxiety disorder). This causes my body to unconsciously go into pseudoseizure mode. I shake violently for about 30 seconds on and off for up to an hour. My Record (lol) is 3 pseudoseizures in 5 minutes. My neuro says that there is nothing that I can do about it but it's really effecting my college life as I have at least one a day. I don't even feel anxious when I am about to have one, I just have different auras that tells me I'm in trouble.

Anyone have any advice about how to deal with this???

Its like its ruling my life.

Hi, i suffer from the same symptoms apart from the auras (which rules out epilepsy..).

My docs (neuro) don't know what is wrong so my condition remains a mystery.

Do you get them randomly or do they happen more often during one part of the day? mine usually happen more at night..

From experience i guess there is not much you can do other than have your doctor work out what is wrong (with some tests) and maybe they will put you on anti-convulsion meds.

Interesting to here someone on here who suffers a similar thing, hope they can sort you out !

Take Care, Guy.

--- Has your neuro done a test called an EEG? The one with all stickers and wires stuck to your head, you sound like you might have some sort of epilepsy but i'm not a doc and the EEG is the only way to rule it out i think.

a fairly large dose of any valium type med disolved under the tongue will help a lot

dont tense up or fight back and do breathe deep and slow

beta blocker meds help calm the body and can be taken daily or as needed, these are an older med that many docs have forgotten about

Archived