Mental Support Community

New forum for discussion of treatment issues

Mark

Gordian Knot wrote a little bit ago

I was wondering if there could be a separate section for Therapy Stories orTherapy Issues? I've been in therapy for the past 7 months and learned a ton. I enjoy reading other people's stories and questions from therapy, butthey seem to be posted all over the place in the other categories. I'd liketo post my own thoughts and story as well and wondered if this might all beconsolidated in one spot for those dealing specifically with therapy issues...?

and upon reflection, we decided to call the new forum "Psychotherapy and other Treatments" to reflect the fact that treatment is more diverse than simply psychotherapy.

So the idea here is to have a place to discuss treatment issues somewhat separately from whatever it is that you may be being treated for. For instance, there has been a long-lived thread concerning transference relationships that might have belonged here if it had not started before this new forum existed.

Gordian Knot is planning to post some about his therapy experience, and I encourage others who are interested to do the same. Taking the mystery out of therapies of all kinds is in the best interests of all.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...