Mental Support Community

I messed up... again

soh238

So, during my group project, it was a bunch of us, and I started to get red, the whole time I was blushing and sweating, and feeling claustrophobic. It was hard to meet some people's eyes. I felt like a total idiot because again, I must have made a bad impression. Isn't this supposed to get better? I didn't run away from it - will it always be like this? I feel like a total idiot.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Soh238,

Feeling claustraphobic and blushing are not things to be afraid of to feel ashamed of or to feel like you "messed up." You think that people can see those things but, mostly, people do not and, if they do, they are not judging you. In fact, they often see blushing as very cute and adorable.

Do you exercise, use yoga, meditate? Those help. Its good that you did not run away, You stayed. Excellent.

Allan

Try not to get down on yourself if you can, its tough to stand there when youre having these feelings. You could just chalk this one up to experience, I think it will get better with time. Do you feel like you were prepared for what you were doing or do you have alittle trouble speaking in groups. If they were all new people and if it was conveinent you might be able to get a few words with some of them before hand to see where they are at with the whole thing to maybe ease some of the unfamilarity and it might be easier one on one instead of jumping right into a group. Or you could rehearse alittle bit to kinda know where you wanna go with it and once you start talking you might just start flowing and not even realize it. I wouldnt get to down, if theres a project coming up with the same people, I think you will do better and they might just think you were having an off day or something or sick.

Archived