Mental Support Community

Mental Health of Association San Francisco's Hoarding and Cluttering Conference

mha-sf

I am Jessica Valencia from a non-profit organization called the Mental Health Association of San Francisco and I am writing to tell you about our exciting and informative conference this upcoming October 29, 2008. The Mental Health Association proudly presents its 11th annual conference on “Hoarding and Cluttering: Building Support Systems Through Community Collaboration,” which will be held at The Westin San Francisco Market Street. As you may know already, compulsive hoarding and cluttering refers to the acquisition of and failure to discard a large number of possessions, which appear to be useless or of limited value, in an attempt to decrease stress and anxiety. This serious and prevalent problem can lead to eviction and homelessness. The conference will feature keynote speaker Dr. David Tolin, Ph.D., who has been a recurrent guest on The Today Show, Good Morning America and The Oprah Winfrey Show. In addition, the conference offers various breakout sessions on different issues concerning hoarding and cluttering, such as strategies for self-help, working with people who hoard, and “Why Do I Have a Hoarding Problem.” You can register online here https://app.etapestry.com/hosted/MentalHealthAssociationofS/HCRegistration. For more information about the conference, please visit our website at www.mha-sf.org. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at registration@mha-sf.org. Thank you very much for your time-- I greatly appreciate it.

post-1052-13388650063822_thumb.jpg