Mental Support Community

Trouble sleeping again... ugh!

WinterSky

Well it is 2:12am CDT and I am wide awake. When I was taking depakote I was sleeping all the time. Now that I've had a med change once again I am not sleeping. I have my alarm set for 7am so I will be up then whether I like it or not. Risperdal was helping me sleep for a couple of nights anyways. I do have ambien but I am trying not to take any pills to help me sleep.

My mind is busy and I can't relax.... (tap, tap, tap....) Ah I just yawned. G'nite folks.

Good morning BrainPain,

I woke up at 7am but did not get to sleep until 5:50am :eek: . Oh god, I feel awful. But I must get through this day. Last week was pure hell because of my father, my doctor, and the med changes. I must get a life before I am 50. They say once one has not worked for as long as I have not, there is a slim chance that one will. I have not worked for 8 years as I have been on SSDI.

Each of you needs to speak to your Doctors about your sleeping problems. Solid sleep is an important part of recovery from PTSD.

Allan

Good morning, Dr. Schwartz.

Yes, I am going through some med changes right now and I am supposed to be having a phone appointment with my doctor tomorrow sometime (I forgot to write the time, duh). A doctor passed away in his office recently so they are very busy. Lately if I feel I need to talk to him and he does not call back, they say, "well he has been with patients all day...". Do you know just how old that gets to hear after awhile? I guess he is doing everything humanly possible. I do not know or even get it. (I just saw him last Tuesday and the Thursday before that.)

Each of you needs to speak to your Doctors about your sleeping problems. Solid sleep is an important part of recovery from PTSD.

Allan

Sir, yes SIR! :)

I'm in a situation where I'm 350 miles from my doctor. For the sake of the treatment protocols here, the Doc doing the treatments, who is also doing a study trial for DoD, isn't prescribing anything. I'll live till I get back home at the end of the month. My sleeping issues are well documented with my PCM.