Mental Support Community

Deepening Depression

Waiting

My depression seems to be deepening. It is getting very hard for me to get up and do things. I should qualify that. It is getting harder. When I used to wake I would get up and focus of finding distractions and getting tasks I need to do done, now I just lay there trying to get up.

I am not sure why this is as nothing stays put in my head. I usually deal with stress and anxiety by dealing with my situations, but find right now almost every source of my anxiety is beyond my power to deal with it. I have tried to circumvent this but have met with limited short term success.

I wish my therapy was closer at hand.

I wish I could do something.

I wish I could just forget about everything for a while.

Guest SomethingOrOther

Hi waiting,

maybe when you are not in the position to do something about the things that bother you, you can push them away and accept that it's out of your hands, so that you don't have to deal with it, at least for a while. But I think that's what you've been doing already finding distractions and things to do. I don't know if you write down what you want to do each day, but I think that can help to get you going. There should be things you like doing on it, not just "duties". At least I know it's difficult to get going without a plan. How long do you have to wait for therapy?

S.

Thanks SoO,

I am trying to push them away, but they are all so critically important to my life. I am trying to things I like doing. Playing certain games doing some creative things, talking to people.

And my fibro aches are back, which makes everything so much worse. Tonight my kids are at a party at my x-gf's place. She will be leaving the city for the summer for a job shortly. So that doesn't help.

The appointment with my therapist is for May 12.

Archived