Mental Support Community

Happy Halloween!!

WinterSky

LOL very funny! I do believe in Santa Claus. :P I am always on his nice list. Perhaps that is my problem!! I need to be on the naughty list! :eek: :o

When I was 10 years old I had a Halloween party. I had friends over, my sister had friends over, my brother had a friend over, my cousin who was grown on leave from the military was there, my parents had friends over... wow lots of people! Us kids held a seance. We were all focusing really hard. Then my brother and our military cousin took a skeleton and shook it at the window! All of us girls started screaming and running away!! Ha!

Then when we all got in our pj's, one girl laid straight on the floor. Then each girl put two fingers underneath this one girl. We closed our eyes and chanted, "you're as light as a feather". And we lifted her up off the ground! Seriously! I do not, to this day, know how that happened!

Is it just me or is there less fuss about Halloween than there used to be. When I was young we used to get dressed up and go to every house on the road trick-or-treating. For the past 3 years no-one except my nieces and nephews have come near our house. It's a pity really.

The only way you know it's halloween now is all the movies on the TV and fireworks going off for a month leading up to it :P

Is it just me or is there less fuss about Halloween than there used to be. When I was young we used to get dressed up and go to every house on the road trick-or-treating. For the past 3 years no-one except my nieces and nephews have come near our house. It's a pity really.

The only way you know it's Halloween now is all the movies on the TV and fireworks going off for a month leading up to it :P

I know exactly what you mean! It is just not safe anymore what with all the candy tampering going trick or treating. What I would like to do today is go to a haunted house! :cool:

Can you believe I have never seen the movie "Rocky Horror Picture Show"? It is showing in a theater here in my town. I recorded the movie "Halloween" but have yet to watch it. :o

Halloween is pretty good when you watch it the first time! I think it's the background music that they have put with the movie that keeps you in suspense!

I when to the Theartre to watch The Rocky Horror Show, but it was many moons ago. I enjoyed it!

To be honest Laedladd, you go on about Halloween being quiet, well it used to be over here in the U.K then all of a sudden, it's getting like the States.

I have just been walking home in my neighbourhood and everywhere you looked, there were small children in crowds, all dressed up as Witches, acompanied by an Adult, holding Pumpkin lampterns, knocking on peoples doors. Trick or Treating! They are all dressed up to the nines in proper Witches outfits. None of this making them theirselfs outfits. They were bought ones!

I can honestly say in all my 44yrs of living, that this is the first time I have noticed the Brits taking Halloween seriously!

The Brits usually save all the celebrating till xmas and New Year? Makes me wonder what xmas and New Year is going to be like, if this is how Halloween is?

Won't bother me, as I will be on the computer most of the night anyway as I very rarely watch T.V. Don't think you would be able to hear it anyway, what with all the fireworks going off!

My time's been and gone, when my two son's was little. There both grown up now. No grandchildren yet though!