Mental Support Community

Using bullets and indenting

WinterSky

I do not know if it is just me, but I was not able to indent up to two levels using a bulleted list. So I inserted an image of a word doc instead. Am I missing something here?

I looked at other sites, and they allow the user to create multiple levels of indention. Perhaps they are doing something beyond what the software does? I do not know.... just thought I would ask. :P

There are help files on BB Code linked to at the bottom of the page - this is where it brings you http://community.mentalhelp.net/misc.php?do=bbcode

There's a tag called LIST, basically if you start a new list before you close the first one then it indents the items, have a look and see if it makes sense. There's an example below, the first bit is the code you write, and below that is the result. To be honest, it's messy and awkward - I prefer your solution of taking the picture from word :rolleyes:

[noparse]

• [/noparse]
    [noparse]
  • level1[/noparse]
    [noparse]
    • [/noparse]
      [noparse]
  • level2[/noparse]
    [noparse]
    • [/noparse]
      [noparse]
  • level3[/noparse]
    [noparse]

[/noparse]

[noparse]

[/noparse]

[noparse]

[/noparse]

• level1
    • level2
      • level3

There are help files on BB Code linked to at the bottom of the page - this is where it brings you http://community.mentalhelp.net/misc.php?do=bbcode

There's a tag called LIST, basically if you start a new list before you close the first one then it indents the items, have a look and see if it makes sense. There's an example below, the first bit is the code you write, and below that is the result. To be honest, it's messy and awkward - I prefer your solution of taking the picture from word :rolleyes:

[noparse]

• [/noparse]
    [noparse]
  • level1[/noparse]
    [noparse]
    • [/noparse]
      [noparse]
  • level2[/noparse]
    [noparse]
    • [/noparse]
      [noparse]
  • level3[/noparse]
    [noparse]

[/noparse]

[noparse]

[/noparse]

[noparse]

[/noparse]

• level1
    • level2
      • level3

Oh thank you! I am familiar with the list tag but I did not use it enough times. I certainly appreciate it!! :)

EDIT: Looking back at what I did, I really cannot believe I did it. I added more bullets thinking it would move things over, instead of adding the list tag. Now where is the logic in that? :o

Edited by WinterSky