Mental Support Community

3600 seconds

confused12

I think Kay is right that the cool down period is for spam protection. Besides private messages, members have a "Visitor Messages" board for others to leave messages on when it is enabled.

Please don't feel bad about the cool down time, I do not believe the it is an indirect way of encouraging you to post on the forum, nor should it be interpreted to mean that posts on the "open forum" are more valuable than other messages. Rather, the private messaging cool down is in place to protect the Community against those who would abuse the feature in an attempt to spread unsolicited advertisements to members.

Is it not 3600 the default for the software? Having to wait that long takes away the spontaneity of the message being sent. If you wait an hour then perhaps sending the PM will be forgotten and unsent, and the exchange of ideas and support becomes lost. I would think a minute or two or three would suffice. I think spammers cut and paste and can send many posts all at once (not that I have any experience in this! :) )

Just my 2 cents....

P.S. I cannot send a PM right now and need to wait an hour, so I am concerned.