Mental Support Community

Sick of feeling bad about myself

Mikayla

Hi:

This is my fist time here and I hope I have done this right. If I haven't please forgive me.

I don't understand why I am so hurt when someone yells at me about something I have done. This person really means very little to me and is just a neighbour. He has chewed me out about reporting a very scary taxi ride/driver that we shared, to the police. I was concerned for other people who may have to ride in his cab and I wasn't sure he was ok/safe. I won't go into the details but I had my reason's for calling. I had already tried to call the cab company but the same guy picked up the call on his cell phone.

Now the cab driver won't pick up people who call from this neighbour's phone # (thinking it's me). Geez.

So my neighbour came to me yelling at me saying I had no right to call the police. Now all I want to do is cry. I know I won't get much sleep tonight because of this and I think it's just rediculous.

Has anyone experienced this and found a mechanism by which to turn off their feelings?

Maybe it was the way the neighbour spoke to me, like I was a child. I'm not sure.

I just feel so sorry and yet I can't help but feel I don't have anything to be sorry about.

I'm so confused and sad. And dare I say angry underneath it all.

Mikayla

Hi Mikayla & WELCOME!

If this Taxi/cab driver was frightening you, then you've done the right thing in reporting him to the Police! Your neighbour should be backing you up, not coming around screeching at you! Or, is this taxi driver a friend of your neighbours?

I had already tried to call the cab company but the same guy picked up the call on his cell phone.

Now the cab driver won't pick up people who call from this neighbour's phone # (thinking it's me). Geez.

So my neighbour came to me yelling at me saying I had no right to call the police.

You want to correct this neighbour of yours, and state to him that you had every right to call the Police. You also want to mention that, what buisness is it of he's anyway? Explain to this so called neighbour that you felt unsafe in the presence of the cab driver, and you felt that it needed looking into!

Also, I would pre-warn this neighbour that if he confronts you again regarding this issue, then you are going to report him to the Police for Harrassment?

I would mention this to the Police! Tell them that you are being harrassed of your neighbour, regarding you reporting this incident! Explain that at the moment you do not want to press charges, but you are making them aware of the fact that your neighbour is making allegations implying, that you shoudn't of called the Police!

What I would suggest is: the next time your neighbour pays you a visit, making any accusations, I would record him from your mobile phone, if you have one? Or try and find a way of recording this neighbours obscene remarks! So if it comes to you pressing charges with the Police, then at least you have got proof?

Dear Paula:

Thank you so much for you suggestions and support. What you say makes alot of sense and it feels good to have someone understand and affirm my actions.

I have spoken with the neighbour but nothing I say can overide his inconvenience of the cab refusing to come for him. To him I am still in the wrong. The things he said made little sense to me and I realize now it is futile to engage in any further dialogue with him. This incident has also brought to my attention what an abusive nature this guy has and I intend to avoid him from now on.

Thank's again for understanding and words of wisdom.

Mikayla

• 2 weeks later...