Mental Support Community

Ran out of meds.. what to expect?

Jenna520

I've been out of my anxiety meds for three days now. I feel like I'm choking, I'm jumpy, I startle easy, my heart is racing out of my chest, I'm hot and then I'm cold, I'm sweating and my chest hurts. I can't relax enough to sleep! Can't stand the thought of going out in public, or even talking on the phone. I'm kind of dizzy. I hate being broke and not being able to afford my meds. What can I expect and is the worst part over? Are they out of my system now? I went off of them during my pregnancy but between the morning sickness and all the nasty pregnancy symptoms, I couldn't tell what was preg. related and what was caused by going off the medicine.

I love the sometimes I run away just to see if anyone cares enough to follow...Funny and I totally get it. I just ran out of the herbals I was using can't afford to go to the doctor blah blah blah. I'd have to say I really started to notice about 2wks out. But then again they didn't do wonders either. But they did take the edge off abit. But they were still just as expensive as a name brand prescription with insurance. So may not be of help to you but it's worth googling to see if they can help for now.

• 3 weeks later...

There isn't any place around here that I know of that does that. However, I did go to apply for a medical card and asked for a different worker this time, which was much more helpful than the first who was really very snotty. I qualify for a medical card, or so he said, and I took the required papers in to get that help. Now, I'm just waiting for them to arrive in the mail, which I hope will be soon. My mother in law and father in law helped me to get my meds by sending money because they couldn't stand hearing that I was having such severe anxiety attacks. I am so thankful for their kindness. I went over a week without it and I must say, I was freaking out about everything. I hyperventilated several times. At one point, my husband thought it would be good if we got out of the house, even if it was just to go for a ride, and he had to run in the store really quick. So I decided to stay in the vehicle. I started panicking after he disappeared through the doors and had an awful anxiety attack. I don't really think he understood the severity of my anxiety until then. He knew it was bad, but not that bad.

But thankfully, yes, I hope I will have medical coverage very soon. I'm looking forward to starting back in therapy again so that I can work through my grief issues where I lost my brother 5 months ago, and then move on to working out the issues I have with depression and anxiety. I never thought I'd be so excited to see a doctor. Haha.

Well done Jenna, maybe these is going to sound stupid but when i feel very anxius I look to a wall and breath slowly until i calm my self. Going for a walk also helps me a lot with anxiety and depression, i try to take my time not going running, I like whachining the landscape and listening some relaxing music.

Yes, it does say a lot. Good to know that your husband truly understands your anxiety now. It makes it so much harder if he doesn't. My husband doesn't understand at all and he doesn't really get how crippling it can be and the games it plays on the mind. I hope to better explain it to him in time. Glad you got your meds, that is such a big relief when your dealing with anxiety. I hope to get some myself soon. I've started therapy thinking he was the kind that could prescribe meds but he's not. So soon I hope to see one who can. In the mean time therapy has been very eye opening, and more helpful than ever.

Archived