Mental Support Community

Did I overract?

Rman34

Okay here is the deal, I started daeing this girl, we have been together for little over a month now. Well a few issues that have been bothinering me came to surface today. Sigh... Well it goes like this, She still texts, call and hangs out with her EX, I mean like they go out to lunch and so on. I have a BIG issue with this, it is not a matter of jealousy, it is a matter of questioning her loyalties to me, and if she is truly done with her EX. So I brought it up, we got into a fight over it. I told her simple, "I will not tolerate any extra baggage" Referring to the ex. She got mad and left my place, we have not spoken since. I mean was it wrong of me to get upset over the fact that her EX is trying to wiggle his way back into her life...and to make matters worse she pregnant with what I believe to be my child. He thinks it is his child which pisses me off, I am trying not to be the jealous or evil bf that has an issue with the EX...but I can not simply ignore this issue when it upsets me so much....and blah! My mind is all in a mess right now trying to figure out how to fix this issue. I love her, I really do with all my heart and I have sacrifice so much just to be with her, and I feel like she has not even made an effort to break off relations with this EX, I brought that up to her, I was met with rage. Just I am not sure what to do, I love her and I do not want to leave her, but I also have to think of my own feelings as well and my own mental well being...I..I just do not know any more I suppose I am just at a lost.

This is a tough question to answer right. Some couples do break up and still remain good friends. Don't assume just because they're communicating that they're not being appropriate. There's quite a few females that I'm close to. We communicate and do things like going out to lunch. Knowing that they're not single, I won't the relationship go any farther than friends.

Guest ASchwartz

Rman34,

Man to man, in my opinion, and forget my being a therapist, you did not overreact. There are plenty of women in the world. Move on bro, find a woman with good common sense and who understands other people's feelings.

Allan

Well it has been sometime since I made this post, but I understand where you are coming from. But just let me give a quick update on how things are working out. Well things are alot better, we sat down and talked over alot of things, I made it very clear that I will not tolerate certain kind of behaviors and so on, much to even my own surprise she took it to heart the things I said and we have been working together to fix these issues. Now I know no relationship will be 100% perfect, hell I would be worried if such a thing even existed. But overall things are getting better, it just takes time and patience.

Archived