Mental Support Community

symptoms!

ella86

Hi everyone,

I really need some help does anyone suffer anxiety physical symptoms? ive been suffering these symptoms for 6 months scary muscle twitches sparks in my eyes serious muscle tension and like a vibration inside me and limb movements.My doctor says its anxiety ive had chest xray ecg blood tests eye tests all normal.I just find it very hard beleveing it all to do with anxiety and also get very fustrated with it trying to live with all this.Please does anyone else experiance this or similar or even could explain how anxiety causes this? and does it go away or am i stuck like this?:(

Hi Ella. I'm sorry to hear your scared. Yes, anxiety does cause many many symptoms. I know it's scary, but yes, it's just anxiety. Before I was diagnosed with anxiety, they were doing seizure tests on me, doing MRI's of my brain. It scared me because I thought I had a brain tumor. But guess what, my neurologist sat me down in the office and told me to start breathing real fast and not stop. I starting seeing spots, I got dizzy, my face went numb, then she told me to stop. She asked me if that's what I felt like before I passed out and I said yes. She told me I was having anxiety attacks. That was ten years ago. I was placed on several different types of antidepressants and anxiety meds before they could find one that I didn't have a reaction to.

Anxiety is a scary thing. But it can be treated and with a little help from a doctor, and a little research online, you can find techniques to try to calm yourself down. Whenever I feel my anxiety flaring up, I pick something in the room to describe to myself in my head. I describe it's color, shape, all it's characteristics, keeping myself concentrated on it completely. Before long, I feel myself calming down.

Be sure to try and get control of your anxiety as soon as you can, because the longer you let it go, the worse it can get.

If you ever need to talk, you can PM me. I'm just 28 years old, but I've dealt with it for so long, so many struggles.... I know it's scary, and having someone there to help you who knows what you're going through, is very important. It helps. I'll keep you in my prayers as well. I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer. God Bless, and hang in there.

Thankyou for your replys, did you used to get your symptoms even when you were relaxing? and will it just take time to calm my body as the muscle tension on my neck is like cerment.Im just 25 and been through alot too and feel very old before my time.Its nice now not to feel alone :(

Archived