Mental Support Community

lonely

teeger7050

I'm really not sure what i'm doing here but i just don't have anybody to turn to. I don't have any friends maybe cause i keep my self isolated in the basement all the time. I'm just feeling really depressed and worthless i just keep crying and crying I'm on meds like paxil but i'm thinking there not helping much do you have any advice for me

Welcome :). I am sure you will find understanding and support here within the community. Feeling depressed and worthless is not the nicest way to carryout your daily activities but at least you have taken another step to seek support and work your way through it.

I am not sure what advice I can give you specifically as I do not know much about you. When you feel ready you might like to tell us a bit about yourself or even ask as specific question or even let us know how we can support you through this community.

Just letting you know there are people here who can identify with you and understand where you are coming from. People are ready to listen and share there experiences with you. Don't be afraid to ask.

As you will find out here medications are not the only option to relieving depression. Have you sort help from a therapist teeger 7050?

:i thank you i didn't think anyone would look at what i typed. i live in spokane Washington i'm 38yrs old and the only time i go anywhere is to play pool on mondays on a league other than that i am trying to find myself a place cause at the time i stay with my dad and step mother and i don't really feel welcome but thats the way i have been feeling about every where. i'm pretty new to this thank you again for replying to my message :)

Hi teeger, welcome to the community. It may not seem possible now, but it is important to remember that your worth should not be in question. Perhaps you would benefit by making some plans for other activities? Do you have some interests that you tend to come back to?

Also, as confused mentioned, are you seeing a therapist or a counselor for your depression? When you express your feelings through conversation or writing, it allows you to sort out your thoughts. Please continue to write for yourself in a journal or share your thoughts with us here.

I'm really not sure what i'm doing here but i just don't have anybody to turn to. I don't have any friends maybe cause i keep my self isolated in the basement all the time. I'm just feeling really depressed and worthless i just keep crying and crying I'm on meds like paxil but i'm thinking there not helping much do you have any advice for me

Gosh you could be me! It's exactly how I've been feeling lately. You are definitely not alone here! Who is the prescribing physician? A psychiatrist or a GP? Psychiatrists know more about psychotropic drugs than a GP. My doctor has me on several antidepressants, anti-anxiety, anti-psychotic, etc.. so some doctors like to combine drugs to get a better result. You might also consider understanding and researching your diagnosis and be sure that it fits you. I am sure your doctor will agree to a partnership with you as you know your body and moods better than anyone. S/he can only go by what you say and how you appear.

:i thank you i didn't think anyone would look at what i typed. i live in spokane Washington i'm 38yrs old and the only time i go anywhere is to play pool on mondays on a league other than that i am trying to find myself a place cause at the time i stay with my dad and step mother and i don't really feel welcome but thats the way i have been feeling about every where. i'm pretty new to this thank you again for replying to my message :)

That's good you have activities with other people. Yes living with parents can be kinda tough. My dad tried to send me to my room when I was 23! Ha! I told him he couldn't do that. :) But now that he is in an assisted living facility I tell him to go to his room until he learns his lesson! In jest of course. :)

Think stability. All my life I've moved after 1.5 to 2 years up until I was 35. Sinice then I've lived in the same apartment for 13 years and I still love my home. It is a really stable thing for me.

Good luck to you. And keep writing to us here! :)