Mental Support Community

friend...

DarknessRules

a while ago i made a thread in the urgent need section about this person. back then it was an urgent thing. but now im sure that she isnt coming back. that ill never hear from her again. i havnt heard from her sence november. i had a dream that she came to see me to tell me that she was leaving and never coming back. so she just stopped by to say goodbye. after i woke up i just stayed there thinkin about it. for a few hours.

[!] this post contains triggering content. i have censored it down as much as i could without leaving out details important to the problem at hand. if you get triggered esily you should not read this post.[!] well heres the story that i need help with helping my friend with. my friend was living with her family untill most of them left the house. then her step dad screwed her out of $700 for drugs. specifically meth. thats when she decided to try it and got hooked. she tried to state that it wasnt that bad and helped her focus do to adhd which is kinda belevable do to the fact that the meds for adhd are basically prescription speed. and that she only smoked it once or twice a day. still a bad thing though. then her step dads tweeker friends started coming over all the time to share at first then start to rob them. they were there all the time. even after her step dad went to bed. my friend sleped on the couch in the living room when she did sleep. and her step dads friends decided to take advantage of the fact that she was sleeping. here where the censoring comes in. they started out small and do to her body going through days at a time without sleep it just ajusted and she started sleeping through it. they started doing more and more till it got to the point that she was being raped in her own house every time she went to sleep. she tried to tell her step dad but he didnt care. far as he was concerned if that was the price of free tweeking then it was worth it. right up untill he dissapeared do to owing alot of money and left my friend in that house alone. it destroyed her... and thats the story. hope its not too much...

if it is too much and mods or admins feel the need to edit i request that you leave as much as posable. cant solve a problem without atleast most of the details. and i already cut out alot of the story.

First off..let apologize as I am not on here as often as I use to be..but I do try now then as I had gotten so much support from the community at time when I most needed it.

that being said...I was drawn by the title I guess "friend"..I think you have a lot of compassion to want to help this girl..She is being severely abused.. I have been there done that..and also worked with women and children being abused like this friend of yours.

first off..do you think you can find her, you say that you don't think you will ever see her again...I know its going to be difficult to get help for her due to the drugs..but she needs to get out! There are places that offer help for people who are being sexually assaulted..there are at least crisis lines I know she can at least call and talk to someone to find some support and perhaps this will encourage her to get out and into a safe place... I would check out women's shelters who often have all kinds of services besides shelter..she could anonymously contact one and begin a dialogue if she is to afraid to report the crime..as I am sure she is..but if should muster up enough courage at least to start somewhere. she needs to know she's not alone..and that she is doing nothing wrong..they are the once that are committing the crime..she is only doing what she needs to do to survive..and sometimes not fighting is a way not to get killed..anyway I hope you hear from her soon. and I hope she can get out. wish I could offer more help and suggestions..

that is good advice. and she did leave that house. in fact she left that state. came to visit me then moved on to another city within this one then decided to go travel and live on the streets. so at the moment despite the fact that i dont know if ill ever see her again if i do i want to know how i can help her. so ill be sure to make those suggestions to her. but she might not want to go through that. shes not the type to accept help from people she dosnt know. so if she turns down those suggestions would there be anything else i could try? any conversational things like to try to talk her through it? i know that this sort of thing takes lots of time. sometimes a lifetime to get through and leave behind. and i know that theres always that memory. but i want to try to ease that for her if she comes back. and if she moves back with the intention of staying id be willing to put in a lifetime to help her. as long as she needs me. i know a few things but my knowledge on this is very limited. only like be there and give space and be understanding and umm use the fact that i know her to my advantage. all good things to do but i also realize that though yes she dose trust me in a way she dosnt really trust anyone at the moment. and another thing how do i do all those things at once and did i miss anything. all that i know about this is basically a guess...

well thank you for the suggestions. im sure that will be helpful to her and ill try my hardest to convince her to do that. it would be better for her to get help that way. talkin to people who also went through that. and if she trys opening up to me then ill listen and offer support as best i can. i hope she comes back. she could be anywhere in america right now.

Archived