Mental Support Community

Hospital Question

michmomof1

Hi everyone,

its been a long time since I have been on here and right now i feel like its my only hope. I was hoping someone can help me and not sure if i asked this or not. But i was wondering if I checked myself into a mental hospital can i do it anyonmously(sp wrong)? I am asking because of safety and there are alot of people that are nosy in my life. So is there a way I can go without anyone knowing even dr's or social workers? I am not really suicidal but i feel like having a breakdown. i cant eat my appetetite is up and down. i am depressed and dont have much emotional support. So can anyone tell me how i can go about doing this without having to ruin anything in my life? Any input would be great. Thanks.

Short answer, no there's not. You can't just admit yourself as "John or Jane Doe". As long as you're an adult the Mental Quack cannot notify most people under federal law unless you give them persmission. Funny Farms are expensive too. My 6 day stay at a Funny Farm was close to $8,000.

I am sorry you are having such troubles but (and this is just a thought) maybe you should be forthcoming about your issues to the person you feel closest to (if there is such a person, I hope). #1 Everyone has problems now and then and no one can fault you for seeking help. #2 The person you speak to can offer a fresh perspective and #3 If the person you talk to feels that the situation warrants immediate attention than they can make the call and an involuntary stay is vurtually free.

I hope everything works out.

Archived