Mental Support Community

how does it feel to be alive ?

Lost In The Crowd

well, it's kinda hard to talk about my unsolved problems..i'll be 23 years old on the 15th of April..and i dont feel alive at all..i wanna live my life the way i wanna live it, yet i cant do that..is it because i'm a girl or what..Mom is the source of my depression..she wont let me do anythin, she doesnt even allow me to go to my best friend's house ever since i graduated from college and we fight everytime i tell her that i wanna go..i mean why would she do that..my best friend is the sister i've never had..i love her and i cant imagine being away from her..she's the reason i go on..:mad:

Mom is suffocating meeeee..she never cared about my life, i graduated and she didnt attend my party and now i might get a job and she doesnt care to advise me..she just wants me miserable..she knows nuthin about me, yet she wants to kill me !!

i hate my mom so much i wish she'd die..

i just want her to leave me alone !!

I can relate to you i'm 20, when i was younger my mother suffercated me she wouldn't let me go out at all and in the end i rebelled and started to go, has you mother ever given you any indicator that she wants you dead. i really feel for you, you must really feel isoleted not being able to go out even to your best friends house, have you ever tried just going out it worked for me well i had to move out first

Hi Lost in the crowd

I sometimes wish that I had had that type of protection mabe it is over-protection but still knowing that your mom is watching out for you controling you mabe, I see how it must be hard in your position but looking from mine I guess I see more youth in you then I had. I moved out at 17 and I think where did it all go? I didn't have the chance to just be a young lady I've already done so much. I understand where I am but sometimes I wish I could just be that girl again not holding so much responsibility in my hands. It is harder in this role I've made try to enjoy the protection!:rolleyes: take care and sorry you are in this situation.

hey everyone, thanx alot for ur concern..

well i am a Muslim, and i'm happy and convinced about it..but this has nuthin to do with my religion..it has to do with the stupid traditions that we follow..i'm an Arab, however, this kind of protection "suffocation" is not in every house..but Mom doesnt want me to go out alone cuz she hates me ! i'm her LEAST favorite..sometimes it feels like she hates to see me happy..it feels like she wants me all miserable..it SUX to be in this position ! it really does !

hi lost in the crowd

i really do feel for you and your situation, i'm a muslim but i haven't been brought up as one i converted because i've married a muslim, have you tried talking to your mother about it and telling her that you feel trapped or isn't that an issue.

hey Sheryl

i cant talk to my mother cuz she never let me...whenever i try to talk about it she yells at me and doesnt give me a chance to tell her how i feel...she wants it her way !

oh, thats awful my mother l;iked it that way she only ever let me out to work because she knew she'd have all of my money at the end of it, do you ever out at all?

Hi Lost

so I guess you are child #5 that is a big family:) I was asking because my thoughts were that mabe if all the other siblings have moved out mabe that is why your mother is so strick with you. Not that this gives her any right but that mabe she has her own issues going on mabe with the empty nest happening around her mabe she is just despretly hanging on to you as her "youngest" mabe it is not so much that she does not want you to succeed more that once you do you are gone as well and then she is alone. I don't know, just a pondering though :o

Still a hard thing for you regardless...take care